Thread: Great Langdale Xmas Pud Race

Great Langdale Xmas Pud Race

A crack squad from TeamBath AC (and me ) are heading to the Lakes for this race on Saturday 15th Dec - anyone out there doing this, or have any comments about it?

Staying in Coniston for the week-end so should be able to get a 'proper' run in on Sunday.

Good way to start the Xmas fun!

Re: Great Langdale Xmas Pud Ra

I have done this a few times over a variety of courses, none of them an accurate 10k. There is usually an excellent Christmas pud for all finishers.

The last time i did it, 2 years ago, it started at the New Dungeon Ghyll headed to Elterwater where it did a loop and returned the same way. The heavy snow made the second half of the race interesting

Doesnt look as if i will be there this year as we are off to see Sleeping Beauty at Blackpool on the Saturday and the little lass is in a Nativity play on the Sunday so that takes preference

Theres two races, Saturday and Sunday. You can enter either (or both). I'll do the Saturday one to allow a decent length Sunday run.

Bath's a long way though eh?

This threads been quiet.

Anyone else entered? Anyone know if 'Rocket Rod' has got a full field yet?

Very quiet!

Not long now - before I can prove what a c**p road runner I am (and not much better on the hills!!).

Looking at the TeamBath runners, they should be well-placed in Saturday's race - our secret weapon has clocked the seventh fastest British womens marathon time this year, and she just goes on getting faster!!

Well how did you all get on?

I was there, yellow vest with a black 'W' on the back. Very cold but a lovely course. Not sure about the distance though, but I'll claim the pb unless I her otherwise, ha ha.

A Team Bath runner won but the Ellenborough girl who was first lady is lightning.

Lovely friendly race, and a nice way to end the year.
    Is it meant to be this hard?

The course was due to run through the grounds of a hotel. But it didnt do so due to having the drains up. The start should then have been moved back along the road a bit (Rod said 100metres, I would guess at least 150)
    , but it wasnt so the course was definitley short.

Sorry,

TBH honest I have my doubts as to whether even the proper course is actually a full 10k as I always seem to get a decent time on it.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Agreed about the distance - there's no way I'm running 43.12 at the moment!

Yep, one of our TeamBath lads won - but he has local form, he was a member of Lancaster and Morecambe for years - and we also won WV35. Unfortunately we were somewhat decimated by a bug going round the club so our top two women runners and another of our men had to spectate instead - but we'll be back next year!

And the hot chocolate with rum and cream in the pub afterwards was just sublime!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
    Agreed about the distance - there's no way I'm running 43.12 at the moment!

Yep, one of our TeamBath lads won - but he has local form, he was a member of Lancaster and Morecambe for years
    A good win by Ewen in the Saturday race. He went to my old school a few years after i left. I know he has run for Woodford Green since he left Lancaster but i didnt know he had ended up at Bath. A good run also by Ricky Lightfoot to finish 2nd.

I didnt do the race this year but i have run it in the past over a number of diferent courses and looking at my times they must all have been short