Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pendle Owl Event

Re: Pendle Owl Event

I have decided not to charge an entry fee for anybody having a go also if you want to just turn up and have a run round without being timed thats also ok. We had a sweeper at Ingleborough but thats down to somebody volunteering to run at the back.
    Im doing this to try and encourage these "runs" as a social thing where members of different clubs with an intrest in nocturnal fell running can get together and have some fun. Getting your time for doing the route is there to add a bit of intrest, Things always look different in the dark especially if the clouds down so i see getting round without straying off course the real challenge along with deciding the best route.
    I look forward to seeing all of you for the run also the post run analysis in the Pendle Inn (superb pub).

Quote Originally Posted by grifter View Post
    If the event wasnt only a week off i think i would cancel it !!!!
    I put these low key events on for runners who enjoy running in the dark and it should all be a bit off fun. I have been asked if bikes could have a go and have said yes as i dont think the amount that turn up are hardly going to make any difference as the danger to walkers is nil as its dark and the enviromental impact is also next to none but that said a rule is a rule and if people are going to complain then i cant do with the hassle so my ruling is now going to be bikes cannot enter. I apologise to anybody who was looking forward to having a go on their bike perhaps forumites could pass the message on.
    Grifter, I'm ceratainly not against you, although the bikes / no bridleways is something of an issue. The truth of the matter is, once it has been mentioned on the open forum, it ceases to be "low key". I would not want to be subversive, but certain items almost require a "forum within a forum".

Fellhound

Yep. This kind of event almost needs to be "underground" (not literally! ) with the word spread by word of mouth or subversive emails only....

Psst... wanna race over Pendle on Wednesday?

I'm more than happy to pay my 2 quid's worth so that my training run can be timed if that makes any difference.

Headtorch is on charge already !!

See you on Wednesday.
    See the light in the night

Oops! Good reminder Mapper...better get mine on charge too!

These multi-club-anyone-turn-up-on-the-night training runs are great Grifter and I'm really pleased that folk from other clubs etc are turning up...makes for a really good social and chat with pals we don't often get to see.

Now, obviously an "entry-fee" wouldn't be right cos that'd signify some form of event rather than just a training run with a bunch of pals (either met or yet to meet). Nope, what I'll do is buy you a beer in the Pendle Inn afterwards. And, well, if you've already got one in and can't drink anymore cos you're driving, I guess I'll just have to leave the £2 for a pint with you...
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Fellhound

Good plan Stick

have fun tonight - i cant make it unfortunatly - please let us know how you all get on and have a blonde witch for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    have fun tonight - i cant make it unfortunatly - please let us know how you all get on and have a blonde witch for me!
    Just about to set off for this now. I don't know about witches but it's raining cats and dogs here (Skipton!).

Yep, rest assured Daleside, I'll make sure to have any blonde witches I find!
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Kev, fantastic event!

How did you engineer the result for the bottle - I've trained up there for months, thought I'd got my time down to milliseconds....

Super Moderator

Had to take a pan scourer to my legs in the shower - always the sign of a good race!

Brett, you're home early - New Inn burnt down?!