Thread: Walsh Ultras or Montrails

Walsh Ultras or Montrails

I bought some Montrail Highlanders for longer runs or runs with a fair section of good track/road. I've only worn them once and I'm not sure they're right for me as they feel a bit high up and clumsy compared to my Walshes. Has anyone tried the new Walsh pb ultras and rates them as decent for longer runs? If so I might stick my montrails on e-bay or sell them on this forum.. and get the walshes instead.
    Cheers.

Re: Walsh Ultras or Montrails

I've used the PB Xtreme Ultra for general off-road running and have been pleased with them. Not a yucky bright colour either

I used brand new PB Ultras for the Lambs leg last week (3 miles), great grip, very comfortable but needed tightening up half way round (never race in new shoes). Just be sure you need the extra width of the ultras, if not then the snugger fitting PB may be a better for you.

Banned

I use Montrail Highlander for track/trail and longer runs 12+ miles and I use either PB Xtreme Ultra or Mudclaws 330 for racing up to 12.

I have to say I am starting to become a Walsh convert. The soles have similar grip BUT the Walsh does not clog up the same as the Mudclaw.

The Montrail are good in most conditions as long as there is no deep mud on the slopes. They have over 200 miles in them and still grip well.

I like what I have and, am impressed with the PB Xtreme Ultra (Black & white ones)

Quote Originally Posted by crowhill View Post
    I bought some Montrail Highlanders for longer runs or runs with a fair section of good track/road. I've only worn them once and I'm not sure they're right for me as they feel a bit high up and clumsy compared to my Walshes. Has anyone tried the new Walsh pb ultras and rates them as decent for longer runs? If so I might stick my montrails on e-bay or sell them on this forum.. and get the walshes instead.
    Cheers.

Montrail Highlanders feel much less 'padded' / clumsy after about 5-6 outings. They certainly do not stay bright yellow / orange for long! I like mine, but the studs seem to be wearing very quickly.