Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing clubs

Banned

Changing clubs

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/royr/run/downhill/

Having just watched the above link on descending techniques, I noticed Graham Pearce doing very well in his Ilkley vest.
    But last week he ran in a Pudsey & Bramley vest and collected the team prize!
    I was under the impression that a period of time had to elapse when changing clubs, is this time frame just a calendar month?
    Can someone give me a definitive answer please.

http://www.todharriers.co.uk/shepherds_skyline/skylineres2007.htm

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results/race07/greatwhernside07.txt

Re: Changing clubs

This reply just received from Graham

I have run for Ilkley Harriers for over 10 years, and have now decided that my needs will be best met by joining P&B, as I love to race on the fells. It was an incredibly hard decision to switch to first claim P&B, but I joined P&B as a first claim runner shortly after Great Whernside / FRA relays this year. I have gone through the proper process as I am required to do when switching clubs. I do not know as yet whether I will be required to serve a ban (as I have moved away from Ilkley and have not trained with them on a regular basis for a while now) and I will find out on 26 November.

However, I want to keep racing in the meantime and, as I said above, am now a fully paid up first claim P&B runner. At the Shepherd's Skyline, I specifically told the organiser that I had just joined P&B and may or may not have to serve a ban but I didn't know any more than that. I was told by the organiser that as far as he was concerned I am a P&B runner
    and that's all that matters.

I hope that people understand.

If it helps, I will gladly donate the 6 cans of Boddingtons I won to charity (I don't like Boddingtons anyway!) They're in the boot of my Dad's car.

Graham

Chris

Graham certainly did tell the organiser of his situation at the Shepherd's Skyline race, which the organiser accepted. Fair play to both of them, I think the fact P&B were awarded the prize should be the end of the story.

England Athletics have now taken over the responsibility of confirming eligibility for athletes changing Clubs and who wish to participate in team events.

Quote Originally Posted by England Athletics
    All applications for exemption from the six month waiting from athletes changing clubs in England must be made to Athletics Services on the form that is on the link. Applications received by the 16th of the month will be processed in time for eligibility waiting periods to be determined from the 1st of the following month.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/royr/run/downhill/

Having just watched the above link on descending techniques, I noticed Graham Pearce doing very well in his Ilkley vest.
    But last week he ran in a Pudsey & Bramley vest and collected the team prize!
    I was under the impression that a period of time had to elapse when changing clubs, is this time frame just a calendar month?
    Can someone give me a definitive answer please.

http://www.todharriers.co.uk/shepherds_skyline/skylineres2007.htm

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results/race07/greatwhernside07.txt

you can do one of two things..

1. resign and race unattached for one calendar month, then join another club serving no ban and not paying no admin fee.

2. go through the correct channels race under your new club after serving a ban up to 6 months if required differant disaplinces and differant clubs can be snotty about it! depends how many people you can piss off like i did
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post

1. resign and race unattached for one calendar month, then join another club serving no ban and not paying no admin fee.

2. go through the correct channels race under your new club after serving a ban up to 6 months if required differant disaplinces and differant clubs can be snotty about it! depends how many people you can piss off like i did
    Not true.

Item 1. You would not be eligible to compete for another Club in a team competition until six months after you have resigned from your previous Club (UKA Rule 5.7) and you have notified [email protected]

Item 2. If you want hardship exception from the six month period, you would have to apply to England Athletics.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Graham certainly did tell the organiser of his situation at the Shepherd's Skyline race, which the organiser accepted. Fair play to both of them, I think the fact P&B were awarded the prize should be the end of the story.
    Fair point Chris. Thanks to Graham for his honesty and clarifying the situation. Cheers Bret.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post

Funny thing this eligilibility nonsense? I give 1 months notice to my employer and I'm free of my shackles, even though they pay me a lump of cash every month to retain my services, yet the thing I do for fun and don't get paid a penny for ties me up in bureaucracy and bans me for 6 months for wanting to have my 'fun' in a different colour vest.

</rant>

Fell Ponies - for you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Funny thing this eligilibility nonsense? I give 1 months notice to my employer and I'm free of my shackles, even though they pay me a lump of cash every month to retain my services, yet the thing I do for fun and don't get paid a penny for ties me up in bureaucracy and bans me for 6 months for wanting to have my 'fun' in a different colour vest.

</rant>

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Fell Ponies - for you!!!!
    These Fell Ponies, I notice are the subject of 400 or more posts on the forum. Without me having to plough through the posts, are they a club or not a club, and would they be eligible for team prizes? There seems to be something wrong if they are.

I admit to having an perspective here which is that running is an individual sport and has nothing much to do with teams, but I do think a 'club' of this type should be clear as to whether it accepts team prizes, and if so, why?