Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've had enough !

I've had enough !

Of this poxy weather, I really have had enough this time.
    Last weekends long run was 31/3 hours on the Elenith in a howling gale, rain and mud. I even fell in a poxy river up to my waste.

Today, more wind, more mud. Then my fffffecking OS map blew out of my daysac waistband; I had to chase it back up the sodding hill, but when I reached the top no sign of it - where the hell has that gone, I could see for miles?
    Then I realised I was on the wrong hill anyway, back up and contour round to the other side of the valley ....... so it fffffffecking started to sleet on me
    Arrived back after a 4 hour outing (at least I put some miles in), achiles and calves sore, so decided to give them the "ice water" treatment. I stuck them in the fishpond, bloody hell that is painfull managed about 4 seconds, twice. Reckon that hurts more than childbirth, definately.

I haven't had an 'enjoyable' long winter run yet. Just wind, rain and mud every weekend, I am so pissed off with it all. Tomorrow is walking with the missus (Pumlumon, I expect) and hopefully on the bike later - I am prepared for snow

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with it all ?
    Rant over till tomorrow.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master and MR

Re: I've had enough !

yes it is the wind that does me molehill
    ive ran about 45 miles this week and its felt pretty hard goin

dont mind mud,shit,and rain though moley
    its all part of bein a fellrunner
    wen its this cold and windy just think of runnin in 30 odd degrees which i hate

I love my winter running (normally), I just can't put up with rain and wind week in and week out. I expect a bit through the season but this is ridiculous. Again, mud doesn't worry me normally, it's just being up to my ankles in it for mile upon mile and slipping and sliding down everything.
    The novelty has worn off.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

aye the winds a killer. Did a 20miler on Monday and had what seemed like far more than my fair share of headwind. Could hardly stand let alone run it was so strong at one point. Certainly knocked the bounce out of my legs for the next few runs.
    Will probably be doing a similar run on Tuesday and the long range indicates less wind but snow cover could be the problem this time.
    Hard game we play isn't it.

Chris

I'm not so bothered about the weather from a running point of view. Once you're out the door you just get on with it.

However, it rains nearly every morning when I go put for a run. I am bothered by the lack of normal winter weather. Where's the snow and frost and fog?

I didnt fancy going up on the moors today in the wind and I had a good run around the quarries round here instead. White Holme circular will be interesting if the wind keeps up.

Master

Nope i am still loving the wind and mud i find it is giving me the best resistance training i have had for years, rain never has bothered me anyway and the snow if we get it will give me chance to get the x country ski`s out for a bit of cross training.

Weather bring it on, but keep the temperatures down i can`t do heat.

As far as i am concerned the worst thing about weather is listening to folk constantly twinning about it.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Of this poxy weather, I really have had enough this time.
    Last weekends long run was 31/3 hours on the Elenith in a howling gale, rain and mud. I even fell in a poxy river up to my waste.

Today, more wind, more mud. Then my fffffecking OS map blew out of my daysac waistband; I had to chase it back up the sodding hill, but when I reached the top no sign of it - where the hell has that gone, I could see for miles?
    Then I realised I was on the wrong hill anyway, back up and contour round to the other side of the valley ....... so it fffffffecking started to sleet on me
    Arrived back after a 4 hour outing (at least I put some miles in), achiles and calves sore, so decided to give them the "ice water" treatment. I stuck them in the fishpond, bloody hell that is painfull managed about 4 seconds, twice. Reckon that hurts more than childbirth, definately.

I haven't had an 'enjoyable' long winter run yet. Just wind, rain and mud every weekend, I am so pissed off with it all. Tomorrow is walking with the missus (Pumlumon, I expect) and hopefully on the bike later - I am prepared for snow

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with it all ?
    Rant over till tomorrow.

Sounds like your seasonal affective disorder has kicked into overdrive Moley.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Indeed!

Dont mind rain as long as it's not bitterly cold too. I hate the wind but only 'cos it make me run slower and i feel demoralised with my times. Shouldnt bother to time runs in strong wind but my training partner still would so i can't win.

I love the hot weather, can't be too hot as far as i'm concerned. Trouble is I run really badly in hot weather.
    Ideally -
    Holidays should be 25 -45 deg C
    Work, say 15 - 25 C (i work outside)
    run training, about 5 - 15 C
    bike training 10 - 25 C
    And races i prefer a bit cooler, say 0 - 12 deg C.

Althoug TBH i havent given it much thought really
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

I don't mind if it is windy, sunny, hailing, snowing, blowing a gale, scorching or humid, I just thank my lucky stars that I'm well enough to go running !
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm not so bothered about the weather from a running point of view. Once you're out the door you just get on with it.

However, it rains nearly every morning when I go put for a run. I am bothered by the lack of normal winter weather. Where's the snow and frost and fog?

I didnt fancy going up on the moors today in the wind and I had a good run around the quarries round here instead. White Holme circular will be interesting if the wind keeps up.
    i was around that area on friday, orrible is not the word for it..