Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tankys - New Mills to Marsden

Re: Tankys - New Mills to Mars

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    I've heard nothing, and I was pretty late getting my entry in. Didn't realise there was an entry limit.
    As far as I'm aware there is no limit only a closing date, then he turns every one away, no substitutes and no late entries. If he want's to enforce the deadline that's ok he put that on the entry form but substitutions could be allowedfor the next week perhaps...

Just checked my bank statement, and the cheque appears to have been cashed. My entry must have arrived within a couple of days of the closing date, so either there was a glut of entries on the last day or some entries arrived late.

It would be a real shame if Billy Whizz (Dave Taylor) wasn't there - I was planning on following him across Bleaklow. (I wish!!)

Time to start training soon, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Just checked my bank statement, and the cheque appears to have been cashed. My entry must have arrived within a couple of days of the closing date, so either there was a glut of entries on the last day or some entries arrived late.

It would be a real shame if Billy Whizz (Dave Taylor) wasn't there - I was planning on following him across Bleaklow. (I wish!!)

Time to start training soon, I suppose.
    Geoff

I've heard on the grape vine that the full list of successful applicants will appear on the Dark Peak site by the week end. It is a shame that Dave "pocket rocket" Taylor isn't allowed to race though. Plenty of other runners have offered to substitute for him. May be if he held the trophy to ransom

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Geoff

I've heard on the grape vine that the full list of successful applicants will appear on the Dark Peak site by the week end. It is a shame that Dave "pocket rocket" Taylor isn't allowed to race though. Plenty of other runners have offered to substitute for him. May be if he held the trophy to ransom
    Thanks, Ian, I'll check it out in a couple of days, then.

I certainly hope Dave can run - any other nicknames for him?

Thanks guys - much appreciated!

Luv shack - we do know each other - a few Glossopdale and RC shennanigans over the last few years. I'll PM you when I have a bit more time! I thought you super-organised Pennine lot would be mobilising for this.

Geoff - we have met too - you 'sort of sheltered' under the boot lid of my car post-Borrowdale this year with the 'shack and others!

Hoping for good conditions this year - I have a bone to pick with this little run!
    See you soon
    Kat(e)

Quote Originally Posted by KatintheHat View Post
    ...Geoff - we have met too - you 'sort of sheltered' under the boot lid of my car post-Borrowdale this year with the 'shack and others! ...
    Oh, that Kat. Yes, a nice sophisticated little soire, I seem to remember! (Cheese, wine, olives - just what Borrowdale's all about!)

See you soon.