Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rehab

Rehab

Well, just started trying a few short runs now...Had an op on my abdomen about 5 months ago. Have only seen a physio the day after the op, when they gave me breathing and coughing exercises and a leaflet on pelvic floor exercises!
    Last time I saw the doc, mid August, I asked when I could start running again and she said 'not yet, but you will know when you're ready' . I had a few false starts but am steady if slow and short with my 'runs' now.
    Does anyone have any tips?
    Sarah

Re: Rehab

Hey Scania girl looks like you've been through the mill. Whatever you do take it easy. More haste less speed. Good luck.
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

I had an operation and some of my intestine removed in July 2005 and it was
    early January before I was running anything like normal - Just take each day as it comes and do not overdo it - Best of luck!

Thanks for that....just doing really easy 20 minute walk runs at the moment. Have been referred to a physio at last. Some days I get shooting pains and I hope they're only the nerves growing back, it's just good to get out

glad to hear you are back on your feet

not been through anything like this, but can only echo what the others have said - slow and steady and do not worry about making progress too quickly

Thank guys, did 32min around Clent today, 1min 'run', 1min walk, even ran in baby steps up the hills if the run minute fell that way, I feel SO happy.

Hmmm, lay in bed the other morning, listening to the rain/hail......I could just do a video this morning, I thought.............oh, no!.......i'd really rather go out in the rain for half an hour than stay in with an exercise video...........IS THIS NORMAL.....it feels it.

Now doing 3 mins 'run' to 1 min walk, even around the delightful glacial valleys of Waseley Hills Hooray to physios everywhere for giving me the strenght and confidence!

Well done to you!!
    We physiotherapists are there to inform, instruct and inspire........the hard work is definately up to you!!
    CONGRATS.

Quote Originally Posted by scaniagirl View Post
    Hmmm, lay in bed the other morning, listening to the rain/hail......I could just do a video this morning, I thought.............oh, no!.......i'd really rather go out in the rain for half an hour than stay in with an exercise video...........IS THIS NORMAL.....it feels it.

Now doing 3 mins 'run' to 1 min walk, even around the delightful glacial valleys of Waseley Hills Hooray to physios everywhere for giving me the strenght and confidence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chugger View Post
    Well done to you!!
    We physiotherapists are there to inform, instruct and inspire........the hard work is definately up to you!!
    CONGRATS.
    Keep going scaniagirl, you're on the right track, modest post by Chugger, CONGRATS to both of you
    Hills and Guinness!

thank you so much, I'm now on 6 min runs to 1 min walks, got some off road trainers too which really helped