Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc 2008

Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc 2008

Anyone else get this email:

English ----------------------------------------------
    Draw for the enrolments to The North Face Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc, 2008 édition
    Message addressed to Iain RIDGWAY, born 03/03/1980
    Dear Iain,
    The draw for which you enrolled this Spring was made on November 8th 2007 during the meeting of the direction committee of the Trailers du Mon-Blanc, in the following manner: a random figure was given to each name, then the list was selected in decreasing order.
    We are pleased to inform you that your entry has been drawn!
    So it will be possible for you to enrol in advance (before the official opening of the enrolments on January 9th 2008) for the 2008 édition of the UTMB which will take place from the 29th to the 31st August 2008.
    For this you will receive, before December 15th 2007, a new e-mail which you tell you the proceedure to follow.
    We remind you that you will have to, during your enrolment, specify definitively and completely which are the reference races completed enabling you to enrol. You can if needs be consult the pages "
    Qualifying races" and "2008 Enrolments" on our Internet site for more details.

All the best

Re: Trail du Mont-Blanc 2008

sounds like you've been successful in not having to engage in the lottery of applying on 9 jan.

very bureaucratic though - why can't you just apply now instead of telling you that you can apply on 15 dec?

still hoping to do this if I get in on 9 Jan.

I notice the 'Ridgeway Challenge' is one of the British qualifying events. I presume you've done that one, Iain?

I know, took me a while to work out I'd got in, Sarah got in the 50 miler event too, she didn't have any qualfying races within that period so couldn't enter the 100. The WHW race was my qualifyer.

No Geoff :-), always thought about that one just for the fun of running a race named in your honour..

Will the entry process for the UTMB, be the same as the 3 Peaks 08 – A Feeding Frenzy…?! (650 place gone in a day and half)

…I was one of the lucky ones for the 3 Peaks and got a place (I live in the middle of these 3 hills – so its only fair!)

At least you know exactly when they open for the UTMB, I’ll be ready and waiting on the 9th of Jan!

Is there anything else I should be aware of to improve ones chances? - I have the right qualifying races I know that...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Ale Man View Post
    Is there anything else I should be aware of to improve ones chances? - I have the right qualifying races I know that...
    Yes, The online entry system didn't like my mastercard credit. In the end I used visa debit (which thankfully I had to hand), which meant that I had to enter my details once again - which was extremely laborious as well as losing those valuable minutes.

A friend of mine had the same trouble only she accidentally entered the 'short' race the second time, and had to sweet talk a place on to the big one.

I tell you it's more stress than the flipping race.

The Joker

Good luck to everyone that wants to enter. It's a cracker - it's little wonder it is becoming a leading international ultra.
    fell running.....are you trying to be funny?

Feeding frenzy? In comparison to the UTMB entry, the 3 Peaks has been a bit of polite tea-party!!

In 2007 there were 2200 places snapped up in a matter of hours!!

The one thing about knowing when entries open is that every one in the world that wants to do is sat at their PCs at 9.00am (French time!!).

The Joker's right though - what a race - the best thing I've ever done by miles and miles and miles and miles............

Good luck with the entry and the race.

The one thing about knowing when entries open is that every one in the world that wants to do is sat at their PCs at 9.00am (French time!!).

[/quote]

don't you mean 9 PM?

Oh is it - very sorry FMA - I'm not doing it again next year (still recovering from lap 1) so haven't studied the times - I hope those that are wanting a place get their PMs and AMs in the right place or they'll be a tad dissapointed.

It was AM this year though wasn't it....?

Feet in the Cowclaps

ENTRIES:
    CCC 9 JANUARY 2008 21:00 (French time)
    UTMB 10 JANUARY 2008 21:00 (French time)