Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Leeds Abbey Dash

Chuffed with a 2 1/2 min PB yesterday ) 36.15. Weird how a number can either make or break your day in road running.
    Now need to convert that speed onto the fells! Finished not far behind Rob Furness who's looking pretty speedy. Anyone else do it?

31:07 - cracking time TheReverand!

Wow.. is that him? Sorry to doubt but seems a huge huge improvement.. looking at his Po10 35 was his PB 5 years back...

Power of 10 can be misleading

Im actually a bit miffed because its not me and I dont figure in the results anywhere ive never ever heard of anyone other than myself called Andrew Minister, same age cat and his race number was only 2 off mine in 12000! Something odd about it, i ran it http://www.sportcam.net/CompetitorDe...o,12297+&Name= and got 35:10 on my garmin but nothing ive emailed organisers too see if they can find owt...

Bad one.. hopefully they videoed they end.. when you search that site for Minister you get the speedy you...

Hopefully they can sort it, hell of a standard, never ran it but would love to, never done a big 10k with people you can go with stride for stride.

2 sets of photos up on http://woodentops.org.uk/

It is a cracking race Iain. I started miles back from the front and spent 1st 2km weaving across the road, very frustrating as I was hoping for 34:30 and I know I was feeling good enough for that. I'll be back next year I think. I was running 3:25kms 2nd half as opposed to 3:35 first few. Actually got a prompt reply from organisers, and they say that guy who got 31:07 is me but I know it isn't very disappointing

There seems to be a few glitches on results. Searching by club shows only half our runners and several that aren't our runners as well. I think someone has made an alteration to a spreadsheet and it's thrown everything out.

I ran 36:12 which is slightly slower than I wanted but still around 20secs faster than my PB so I'm happy enough. I'm the same as you rev, I got stuck behind a lot at the start and I reckon it may have cost me the sub 36 I was after.

Still, not a bad effort at all.