Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Peaks Training

three peaks training

GOING UP TO DO A COUPLE OF HILL TOMORROW ANYONE ELSE UP THERE?

Re: three peaks training

I'd be interested to hear anyone's outline training schedule for 3P, see if I have got it wrong. I am aiming for around 4:45 (5:05 last year, crippled by calf cramps and blisters):

For long runs I am hoping to do the following:

16/2 - 14 miles/2000' [done]
    25/2 - 16 miles/1200' or 2300' depending on whether on own or with FLM folk
    4/3 - sadly bin Noon Stone on 3rd and do 18 miles/2500'
    10/3 - nationals so only 7m
    18/3 - 20 miles/~2600'
    25/3 - 13.1 flat, fast half marathon
    1/4 - not sure - 20 ish

Rest of April - taper and to what?

During week run 4 or 5 times in total, replacing Tuesday speedwork with easier session if legs start aching in bed at night.
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

I think time on your feet matters, if you going to be running for 4 3/4 hours you need to be used for being out for something like that amount of time,

looks like your doing plenty john,im doing noonstone and pendle half ill do the miles during the week but i think its best to get your legs used to the terrain.

Feet in the Cowclaps

Personally, I'd get a couple more 20-milers in in April John and start easing off a fortnight before the race, but that may not suit everybody.

have you been up to the race route to train john or are you leaving it until the day? seams your at abouy my level and pace ,me and a pal ran whernside and inglebrough un about 3.30 on sunday (i was holding him up) will go up again before race and do siomething similar

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    have you been up to the race route to train john or are you leaving it until the day? seams your at abouy my level and pace ,me and a pal ran whernside and inglebrough un about 3.30 on sunday (i was holding him up) will go up again before race and do siomething similar
    where did you set off from? I assume you finished in horton, im thinking about going up to few times before race if i can, to get some decent training in. Id thought about doing part of the route, say 2 of the hills.

Hi All,

This is a very interesting thread, I am panicking a little due to the fact that my longest run is only upto 16miles and my weekly mileage is way down, whereas this time last year I was well into the twenty milers and on quite high mileage.

I will post my long runs and weekly mileage from last year tommorow (its in work).

I can honestly say I cooked the long runs last year and perhaps peaked to early (Edale Skyline). From what I can remember I did take my longest runs upto the max 24miles and perhaps did 2 or 3 of these.

I planning on taking it a bit easier this year, perhaps going upto 20miles for longest run and getting a decent taper. Im also planning on cutting out the junk miles and perhaps running only 4-5 days per week.

Cheers
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    I would be interested in having a recce up there before the race (mrs permitting), from say the playing field, up P and W to Hill Inn in race gear and with sis gels every 6 miles as per the other thread. Or the full course omitting P. Easy pace.

Anyone else up for this?
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

when we ran on sunday started at horton took the path through pub car park ,took track up to stile that picks up route from pen y ghent this folows race route throgh farm to ribblehead.up whernside down and up inglebrough and down to finish .... give me 18 miles ill take that ! will go up again mid march do something similar gets your legs used to it .took about three and half hours with food stops.