Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Peaks Training

Re: three peaks training

Quote Originally Posted by Brummy John View Post
    I would be interested in having a recce up there before the race (mrs permitting), from say the playing field, up P and W to Hill Inn in race gear and with sis gels every 6 miles as per the other thread. Or the full course omitting P. Easy pace.

Anyone else up for this?
    Im up for another reccy and i know paul h is and i think NOUN is or was? let us know of any suggested dates

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    when we ran on sunday started at horton took the path through pub car park ,took track up to stile that picks up route from pen y ghent this folows race route throgh farm to ribblehead.up whernside down and up inglebrough and down to finish .... give me 18 miles ill take that ! will go up again mid march do something similar gets your legs used to it .took about three and half hours with food stops.

which pub car park did you go through, did you park at the car park near the cafe? did you just miss pen y ghent out or did the first bit of your route up to stile also miss a bit of the race route out? im interested as i need the longer training runs and dont always get the chance on a week to week basis, so im going to try and get up a few more times before the race.

david

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    which pub car park did you go through, did you park at the car park near the cafe?
    Follow the Pennine Way (north) round the side of the Crown and up the lane and you will join the PPP route at Sell Gill.

from car park down over bridge turn right into pub up stoney path ,and yes miss out pen y ghent

Owmeknee et al,

I can make the following dates:

4 March - but i'll only be up to 18 miles max by then;
    18 March - 20 miles is OK;
    1st April - 20 miles is OK (but might be a bit slower due to hard race the weekend before).

Its 50 miles from here to the playing fields so I could get there for around 9:45 - 10 a.m..

If you have Google Earth, open the attached file and click on the attachment. It will load the 3 peaks course from last year. The exact course but missing the rught hand Pen-y-Ghent dog leg only saves 3 miles which took me 36 min last year. So that would be a bit long for a training run (21 miles or about 4.5 hours).

Any suggestions for something a couple of miles shorter?

Maybe cheat a bit on Ingleborough by not going all the way to the dibber station?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

I'll be up for a trot up there ..can only do weekends tho

18 March - 20 miles is OK;
    1st April - 20 miles is OK (but might be a bit slower due to hard race the weekend before).

there both weekends, so could def do 1st april, 18th depends as already suggested the 15th with paul h but could change it, wouldnt want to do it twice in one week tho!

busy both dates ,sorry, free on 25 march if thats any good...british summer time starts that day ???

Unfortunately I can't make 25/3.

Would 18th March be OK with Moo and Egor? Paul H is more than welcome as is anyone else (including the wider Radcliffe gang).

Do you have a fair idea of the route?
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

Went and did the same route as Owmeknee (Mr Finn) yesterday. Very wet, couldnt cross the river at the bottom of Whernside so had to skirt round to the farm to the left. Visibility was about 50ft going up Whernside, just enough to see my colleagues disappearing off into the mist ! Great run off though. Didnt bother going up to the summit of Ingleb' as rain was bouncing down and wind really strong. 20.1 miles according to the Garmin. Made me realise how much work I still have to do before the race ! Hills, hills and more hills !!!
    If you cant change something, change the way you feel about it !