Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ribble Valley 10K

Re: Ribble Valley 10K

Will be down to watch and take some pics, and for the piss-up post race

I see todays Leyland 10K has been cancelled due to ice although it does seem to have thawed quite a bit here. Any latest news on the RV10K...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    I see todays Leyland 10K has been cancelled due to ice although it does seem to have thawed quite a bit here. Any latest news on the RV10K...........
    JUst off to inspect - will update later.

I've done Leyland before - problem is that they run through the park and I'm sure that will be the ice issue.

RV is all on roads and they were clear yesterday - I think parking may be the main problem.

THE RACE IS ON - the race route is clear and fine and based on the weather report for the next 24 hours we do not anticipate any problems.

As previously mentioned Car Parking is the issue. Our 3 key parking areas at the Leisure Centre, School and Caravan Park are all snow bound.

We are allowed some limited road side parking on Edisford Road and marshalls will be directing this

The Borough H&S Officer and Police are directing us to use parking in the Town Centre once Edisford Road has been utilised - and we will have marshalls on hand to direct you.

This will mean that you could be up to a mile away from the registration, so please bear this in mind :-
    Get there early.
    Take a backpack with what you need and perhaps leave it in the main hall of the Leisure Centre.
    CAR SHARE WHERE POSSIBLE.

PLEASE BE TOLERANT OF THE MARSHALLS and take their direction and please also choose your parking slot sensibly and with regard for residents etc.

The Road closure takes effect from 10:30

PHOTOGRAPHERS
    I know one or two of you are coming to take pics - just bear in mind that the road closures will mean that you are on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

PHOTOGRAPHERS
    I know one or two of you are coming to take pics - just bear in mind that the road closures will mean that you are on foot.
    Was going to ride down on the bike for pic taking duties - would I be let through or not (I could get off and push of course) ??

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I've done Leyland before - problem is that they run through the park and I'm sure that will be the ice issue.
    3 or 4 years ago at Leyland the section in the park was iced up so they shortened the race to 8K so perhaps the road section was too icy this morning as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ady In Accy View Post
    Was going to ride down on the bike for pic taking duties - would I be let through or not (I could get off and push of course) ??
    just tell them you are off to the brewery up ther road, they will let ya thru when you bring them a barrell or two for em!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

http://www.ukresults.net/2009/ribble.html

Results are up - cracking race - the quality in the Mens field was unbelievable with Tom Lancashire setting a new race record of 29:21 - he was due to race the Sale 5, but as it was cancelled came and entered on the day at ours.

40 guys sub 32 and Helen Clitheroe winning again in 32:53. A good 2nd for Katie Ingram and Victoria Wilkinson in 3rd.

Very quick at the sharp end, my predicted winner finished 10th!!
    I have uploaded nearly 300 pics to Flickr below, quite a few forumites there - Richard, you are number 99. Lighting was not the best for piccy taking but at least the rain held off until my mem card was more or less full.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adyinac...7623079059510/

Another set below where I have edited & adjusted a few images as opposed to direct upload in the other set. I may add to these in the next few days. All shot in RAW so if you require full size hi-res as opposed to med res JPG from Flickr give me a shout.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adyinac...7622955010059/

A very enjoyable race today although my time was not as good as I had hoped for. Some great photos Ady I thought it was you snapping away as we went off down the lanes. A well organised race with a top class field of runners and a new course record. 7-8 runners all clocking under 30 mins. Well done everyone.
    Last edited by Pinno; 28-12-2009 at 11:50 AM.