Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterproof jacket

david

Re: Lightweight Waterproof Jac

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    have specified an 'attached hood'.
    That's a shame. I was hoping to wear my windproof Easter bonnet next year.

David the stated FRA kit rules are 'windproof whole body cover' however it states the organiser is free to impose additional requirements including ' waterproof as distinct from windproof whole body cover'...so is your head part of your body or not?? you can have a headless torso but I don't think you can have a headless body so my reading is if the organiser states waterproof whole body cover the jacket needs a hood unless you have a waterproof hat/cap

most of the mountain marathons require waterproofs with hoods

david

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    unless you have a waterproof hat/cap
    Which of course would not be attached (by which I mean to the cag as it's obviously attached to your head until the wind blows it away) so would be ok for some races and not for others.

http://www.montane.co.uk/productdeta...uctid=81&rid=7
    try this one light, waterproof and quite cheap.

david

Quote Originally Posted by philgreen1968 View Post
    http://www.montane.co.uk/productdeta...uctid=81&rid=7
    try this one light, waterproof and quite cheap.
    Waterproof to whose standard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    I've posted this on numerous threads, the H2O definitely isn't fully waterproof, you get soaked if it really throws it down.

as someone said earlier its waterproof to 1300mm hydrostatic (whatever that means!!) Montane's event jackets are waterproof to 30,000mm hydrostatic. the event jackets are waterproof the H2O isn't...by the way I've got the H20 and an event jacket and I can assure you that you don't want to be on the tops when its windy and throwing it down in the H2O

That Tesco special looks marvellous!! I use a Haglofs top from pete Bland which is great , i do tend to sweat in it more than my Mountain Equipment jacket which is really aimed at walkers. Also i like a big pocket in the Mtn Equip one to stuff maps and food etc. The Haglofs is prettier though and is a damn fine jacket.

And ba hoo to kit snobs , i love cheap kit.
    Generally going nowhere fast.

I use a Montane 180 - fully waterproof and taped seams but also pretty compact and light and not too sweaty. I'm not sure you can still get them but I think there is now a '200' with a full zip (mine is a smock style)
    Anyone remember the original rock and run suits? Like PBs but I liked the design better (a smock again rather than a jacket but also in ripstop) I think if someone would start selling either this or the PB suit again for a decent price they would clean up - Ok so they weren't breathable but they were compact and very light and you could easily carry them if an organiser asked for waterproof instead of windproof.

Went out in my Montane DT jacket this morning, for a couple of hours in the rain, and did an excellent job, kept me nice and dry and was really breathable!

Maybe I wasn't putting in enough effort to work out up a sweat

'goatie', I bought a montane pack away jacket from the very helpful Pete Bland Sports, special offer still on £30. It's been a great investment. I find when i'm running and I put on a 'waterproof' I sweat so much anyway I get wet either way. These pack away tiny. Nice colour too, which is more than I can say for the Montrail's i've ordered...... cream and red They'll clash with my club vest