Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Cardington Cracker

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Congratulations Llani on your V60 prize!
    Thanks Travs, I didn't know as not being on Facebook couldn't find the results. A bit surprised, as I was half way around before my breathing settled down.

Having said that, I really enjoyed it. The rain kept off but it was very windy and cold on the tops and the ridge run, in the last 3 miles, up to Hope Bowdler and beyond to Battlestones was into a headwind.

Very soft in places but overall great running and perfect for my Mudclaws which never missed a beat. It was a shame that the usual pre/post race minglings could not take place due to the Village Hall being unavailable but still an excellently organised/marshalled event.

My only complaint was that there was a runner with a dog, even though the event says no dogs due to livestock being in some fields and I'm sure FRA rules do not allow it.

Not being happy with starting at the rear, out of the way, the obviously very important black labrador owner lined up on the front row of the start line and was off like a rocket. I was further back in the field but I am certain that some runners would have been held up/obstructed in that narrow muddy lane shortly after the start field. I overtook them coming off Caer Caradoc.

It was a beautiful dog and having two Springers of my own love dogs but I do not have the arrogance to expect others to have to put up with them. Some people are the same with their children. If you want to race with a dog then do that Canicross or whatever its called.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Race now full this year. 29 M60's, crikey.

I hope that bloke with the labrador on a lead isn't running this year, unless he's got a dog sitter!

Always a shame to miss this one, but a regular clash with XC League.

Could probably justify to myself doubling up, as i'd still likely pick up more points here than at Long Mynd Valleys champs race..... but too late now anyway.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    I was still contemplating it but after a very tiring week, I'm quite glad the decision has been taken out of my hands.
    Good luck those who are racing.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Looking forward to tomorrow, it’s either my 4th or 5th Cracker. Maybe not as wet as one time I ran it but should still be greasy. Some Ludlow Gold tonight in a fine pub near Leintwardine will have probably been good preparation.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Very good preparation indeed!
    Unfortunately I won't be there - I have had a hard week with work and personal issues and to top it all, now have very bad cold.
    I confidently predict the narrow bridleway in the first km will be as wet as ever, given the rain we have had lately.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I confidently predict the narrow bridleway in the first km will be as wet as ever, given the rain we have had lately.
    That's why I shall be wearing my Aldi waterproof socks!

Well done Llani on another v60 win!

Thanks Travs.

It was cold again this year but it had stopped raining by the start so I just wore two base layers and club vest. It was a good call as they kept the wind out but kept me warm enough without overheating. I found the course a bit tougher this year as it was muddier than I remember. The start/finish were in a different field this year but it was flagged to the narrow bridleway, mentioned by PeteS, and measured so that the overall distance was the same.

Black Lab man was a nuisance again with his dog, off like a rocket but I passed them both coming off Caer Caradoc. Despite finding it tougher this year I managed to knock over 3 mins off my PB, probably due to not running into a strong headwind over the last 3 miles, and coming in 40th overall.

Another well organised event and great sausage butties, soup and cakes in the village hall afterwards but I must remember to take some mustard next year!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 05-12-2022 at 11:32 PM.