Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardington Cracker

This weekend isn't it ?

anyone know what its like underfoot in the area?...been wet further east but might be drying a bit now.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Pretty muddy in the usual muddy places but otherwise not too bad. Looking forward to it already
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

this Sunday 11AM

https://drive.google.com/viewerng/vi...zY3MDM5M2Y5YjY

it looks like it's going to be cold!
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Delamere Spartans Xmas do Saturday night, Helsby RC counter Sunday morning. Do I get to drink less if they're 2nd claim? I suspect I'm not going to be fast on Sunday.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

That was a muddy and very windy one today, I was being blown sideways off The Lawley. It's a great race the Cracker, thanks to all involved in putting it on.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordonian View Post
    That was a muddy and very windy one today, I was being blown sideways off The Lawley. It's a great race the Cracker, thanks to all involved in putting it on.
    I second that -it is a good one.
    Can't remember having to run so hard downhill just to make some headway in that wind. Some how managed to knock 3 minutes off last year so can't complain.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Looking forward to this on Sunday, despite the weather forecast...

Will be my shortest race for a while, so hoping to "give it some hammer", although still having therapy after the Stretton Skyline, so not expecting it to be a walk in the park...

forecast isn't looking too bad at the moment: it'll be wet underfoot, though.
    Good race, don't underestimate the climbs, especially the one after the descent from Caer Caradoc up to Gaer Stones......
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Good race today, many thanks to the marshalls, especially those on top of The Lawley and Caradoc in those conditions...

This was my shortest race in 4 months, and while I can hardly turn up to a 9 mile race then moan about the distance, I could have really done with another lap of the course...!

Died a death going up the first climb, pretty much repeated it on the 2nd climb, then seemed to find my legs on the 2nd descent. From there I made up about 20-30 places to the finish...

94th in the end. Nice to see DaveMole who skipped up the first climb whilst I was on all fours, and remained ahead of me until the finish line... and also Trevor from Dark Peak who made mince-meat out of me on the ups, but I redressed the balance on the downs, eventually finishing within a couple of minutes of each other...

That was my last race of the year, off next weekend to Fuerteventura to train for 3 weeks, then the small matter of Marsden-Edale when I get back to start the new year...

Hi Travs
    I really enjoyed it and took 7 minutes off last year's time. Really good atmosphere I can see why it's become a" institution ". My downhills well! you're among many who overtook me, work in progress I assure you. Well done.
    Enjoy your holiday & see you at the Trigger.