Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: LDWA events

Re: LDWA events

Malhamdale -
    Cracking route, cracking weather, cracking chilli at the end, which more than made up for crack of dawn alarm clock!

Goredale Scar really made the route, coming up the gorge, swinging around to the right and finding yourself in that cove with the waterfall to scramble up, great!

I was a little panicked by the lack of any sort of route description at the start, but needn't have been as it wasn't too hard to follow the route.

First sunburn of the year, even through all that high cloud.

Malhamdale duly meandered - a glorious route and, yep, I got a bit of a suntan too. Gordale scar wasn't a surprise to me as I've been up loads of times but from speaking to one runner at the end you'd think he's climbed the north face of the Eiger .

Agree Steve it was cracking! Did you set off at 9.30? If you did, must have seen you, but didn't know who you are. Good to meet Stolly and AJF (of the small world variety!)

I was really pleased my feet and legs survived - I can put the nightmare of the Woldsman behind me! Part of the route was the same as the hundred so that's saved me some recce!
    Last edited by socks; 03-05-2008 at 08:18 PM.

I had to wait 15 minutes to get to Goredale scar. There were 2 people who would never be able to climb the North face of the Eiger - quite painful to watch actually! But it was the only down side of a brill day.

Was a fun day out! Great to meet you socks and yes it is a VERY small world, cheers for the lift. def return the favor soon hopefully.

Great course and a great run round with stolly. Will go running round there a lot more in future. Feel like I have missed a trick by going off piste in other areas.

Yes, I was on the 9:30 start, not knowing who anyone was! Just sent off for a pony vest so should be more recognisable next time.

I think the Eiger has been climbed faster than some of the walkers took to get up that little waterfall, I didn't have to wait as long as 15 minutes but it seemed a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Yes, I was on the 9:30 start, not knowing who anyone was! Just sent off for a pony vest so should be more recognisable next time.

I think the Eiger has been climbed faster than some of the walkers took to get up that little waterfall, I didn't have to wait as long as 15 minutes but it seemed a long time!
    A chap who looked just like your avatar ran the 3:23; was that you then?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    A chap who looked just like your avatar ran the 3:23; was that you then?
    Yes

Guess that was you and and AJH I had a quick chat with at the end then?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Yes

Guess that was you and and AJH I had a quick chat with at the end then?
    Yeah. Well done for your super fast time and for not getting lost in that 7 or 8 mile middle of nowhere stretch before Weets Hill.

It was good to meet you for the first time Stolly and AJF, and to remake your acquaintance Socks. Sorry I didn't knowingly get to talk to you SteveS.

I agree the Malhamdale Meander was a beautiful route and the weather was brill - second sun tan of the year (first was at Three Peaks). I was glad to get a bit more speed back after my woeful Three Peaks performance, though I was still feeling the effects of the ankle-twisting that occurred at PPP. (I mentioned speed but that's relative. All you other forumites were way too fast for me. Well run.