Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: LDWA events

Graeme

Re: LDWA events

Did the two crosses, short route this weekend, was thinking about doing trollers trot at the beginning of March for my next one, what's it like?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Did the two crosses, short route this weekend, was thinking about doing trollers trot at the beginning of March for my next one, what's it like?
    hi there Graeme

I also did the 2 crosses this we - tough over the top against the wind, one step forward and 2 back! However it may have been the result of the 20mile check point, "would you like a wee dram to help y on your way?" No, i said, al just have a sherry (in a plastic cup of course)

Trollers - did it a couple of years ago, all runable, easy to follow and not half as much rough, muddy ground as the Crosses. To give you an idea, its same milage as the crosses, just under 5hrs vs Troller at 4hrs. I hope to do it. I could send yuou a map if you like?

chris , if u have a spare , i'll have a map mate , cheers. sorry to barge in

Missed you both at 2 Crosses again! Did the longer route and it was a wee bit windy. But where was the rain that was forecast?

Graeme

If you could send me a map that would be great, I'll PM you my email address.
    I don't know where the rain was this weekend, but I'm glad I didn't get it. I struggled on the section over the moor, which is quite ironic being as they're my local fells.

I sure I replied to this yesterday but it seems to have gone.

Trollers is a great trail route, in a beautiful area of the world. I wanted to do it again this year but I will be on my way home from Skiing. If some one wants to break in to longer routes this is a good one to start with.
    The hardest part for me was the run up Trollers Gill but it is pretty. take car near the top as it is possible to miss the CP. The long run down the river at the end is lovely but it goes on and on and you are obliged to run passed all the walkers This is followed by the short road climb at the end of the Fellsman from the bridge.
    I think it took me about 3.40. it's a much faster route than it looks.

Enjoy Graeme

IDP

Graeme

Thanks for that, I hope it's not too fast though

Thanks for that, I hope it's not too fast though
    Not if you don't want it to be. More walkers than runners on this course.

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Missed you both at 2 Crosses again! Did the longer route and it was a wee bit windy. But where was the rain that was forecast?
    Hi Socks
    I'm not doing very well tracking you down! Whats your next?- i've got the Rombalds booked 2 Feb and have pencelled in Anglzarke. I whimped out this one last yr because of the overnight snow. Any of these?

Quote Originally Posted by chris brown View Post
    Hi Socks
    I'm not doing very well tracking you down! Whats your next?- i've got the Rombalds booked 2 Feb and have pencelled in Anglzarke. I whimped out this one last yr because of the overnight snow. Any of these?
    Yes, I've got both of these in my plan! I would have thought that there's no chance of meeting anyone at Rombalds - even those you know - it's so busy! Also got That's Lyth in a couple of weeks. And the Beacon Dash.