Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: LDWA events

Re: LDWA events

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1 View Post
    Yes, three of us are coming up to do the LDWA double - Marsden on Saturday and Belper Rugby Rover on Sunday. Last long weekend before tapering for the Eagle Isle Ultra in three weeks time.

P.
    Hi Paul

I think me and Nicky will be there also, I've not been able to train much for the long stuff recently so I'll see how fast I go

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hi DE do you have details?

I have plans for the weekend already but just interested.
    Hi Ian, you've probably found this by now but.... LDWA site and http://www.theirregulars.org/

Just marked route on maps (OL1 and OL21) and looks to be a lot on high moorland north and south of M62 west of Marsden, so certainly could be a soggy one as Splatcher mentioned. Also large sections on pennine bridleway which will hopefully ease navigation - though I tend to get lost at "easy" bits yet somehow keep track over barren moorlands, probably through sheer dumb luck.

Good to hear a few runners there, didn't fancy being the only one bolting off away from all the walkers and annoying CP staff when I arrived before opening times.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    Hi Ian, you've probably found this by now but.... LDWA site and http://www.theirregulars.org/
    Hi De

Yes I had found this and wondered about the CP opentimes and what they are going to do

Hi De

Yes I had found this and wondered about the CP opentimes and what they are going to do
    They may be surprised at the number & speed of runners. Looks like there'll be a few of us. I don't think I'll arrive at the checkpoints before the opening times, but it's possible for CP4, & if any of you are fast runners I imagine you'll be there well before 12. If so, warn them it might happen at registration & plan to drink from the streams. It's the first time this route has been run, & I think it's the only long run in the area this weekend. As I said in an earlier post, I did one of this group's events last year, & I was the only runner.

A lot of it won't be too muddy I suspect. There's a fair bit on the Pennine Way, so the wet bits of that will probably have been surfaced. I don't think the first few miles are too bad either (i.e. heading north), as I've done them before. Wet patches, but not too bad. Stony tracks rather than bogs. MInd you that's a few years ago so I could be remembering wrong.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    They may be surprised at the number & speed of runners. Looks like there'll be a few of us. I don't think I'll arrive at the checkpoints before the opening times, but it's possible for CP4, & if any of you are fast runners I imagine you'll be there well before 12. If so, warn them it might happen at registration & plan to drink from the streams. It's the first time this route has been run, & I think it's the only long run in the area this weekend. As I said in an earlier post, I did one of this group's events last year, & I was the only runner.

A lot of it won't be too muddy I suspect. There's a fair bit on the Pennine Way, so the wet bits of that will probably have been surfaced. I don't think the first few miles are too bad either (i.e. heading north), as I've done them before. Wet patches, but not too bad. Stony tracks rather than bogs. MInd you that's a few years ago so I could be remembering wrong.
    I've read some where they were advertising on the runners world forum so I would expect a few more runners. Nicky called the organisor earlier to advise him that 'some' runners 'may' 'possibly' be at CPs before the marshalls.

Bed now say hi if you see a brown vest...

Super Moderator

The Irregulars were manning the CP at Bolton Bridge cricket club at last year's Yoredale 100. Nice bunch of people - it'll be a good event
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I've read some where they were advertising on the runners world forum so I would expect a few more runners. Nicky called the organisor earlier to advise him that 'some' runners 'may' 'possibly' be at CPs before the marshalls.

Bed now say hi if you see a brown vest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    The Irregulars were manning the CP at Bolton Bridge cricket club at last year's Yoredale 100. Nice bunch of people - it'll be a good event
    No problem with marshalls not being there. superb hospitality, breakfast before the race and a spicy past stew afterwards and is it me but tea tastes SSSOOOOOOOO much nicer after a hard run.

Friendly marshals and good mix of food on route.

Route was pretty good, nice course and a good mix of terrain if a little flat for my personal tastes. One to reccommend.

Met Splatcher in the toilet and Strider outside.

Ran with Strider for quite a while, I might even see him tomorrow something about a Belper Bash

I agree, a good little event and an interesting route. Bit towards, under then back over M62 maybe not the most thrilling but its interesting to have run this area. Now I can bore friends endlessly on every Aitport run I ever make I thought the route picked up after CP2, some nice moorland and valley running. Not muddy at all really, which I was expecting and very runnable which is nice as I'm not too knackered now.

Enjoyed those last few downhill and level miles past the res's as I had plenty of running in legs. To me it seemed this event was more down than up I can only think this was due to very steady climbs - no long hard ones - and shorter, steeper descents. Thankfully finished before getting too wet. Usual good fare at CP and end that you get from an LDWA event. Cheese sandwiches, flapjack and chocolate crispies were amongst my samples - so much better than gels and energy drinks.

Sorry not to introduce myself to anyone at end (if you were around). I was into my food, quick chat with a guy who finished about my time and then rushed off to catch Hull game on radio on way home.
    Last edited by Drunkeneuphoria; 15-08-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    I agree, a good little event and an interesting route. Bit towards, under then back over M62 maybe not the most thrilling but its interesting to have run this area. Now I can bore friends endlessly on every Aitport run I ever make I thought the route picked up after CP2, some nice moorland and valley running. Not muddy at all really, which I was expecting and very runnable which is nice as I'm not too knackered now.

Enjoyed those last few downhill and level miles past the res's as I had plenty of running in legs. To me it seemed this event was more down than up I can only think this was due to very steady climbs - no long hard ones - and shorter, steeper descents. Thankfully finished before getting too wet. Usual good fare at CP and end that you get from an LDWA event. Cheese sandwiches, flapjack and chocolate crispies were amongst my samples - so much better than gels and energy drinks.

Sorry not to introduce myself to anyone at end (if you were around). I was into my food, quick chat with a guy who finished about my time and then rushed off to catch Hull game on radio on way home.
    you must have come in near the front as the rain just started as I finished. Where were you sat, I was next to Nicky(only girl runner at the front) in the orange t shirt with Strider on my left

Just read the last paragraph!! Did you followed me at the finish White top and ran for east hull harriers?