Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: LDWA events

Re: LDWA events

Quote Originally Posted by clairster View Post
    Hi Guys
    Newbie to the FRA forums and love doing LDWA events (but slowly ). Am doing Rombalds this weekend but have a friend wanting to do it, so am on the look out for any spare numbers. we would be eternally grateful if anyone can point us inthe direction of one.
    Did the short route at 23 XX and enjoyed it despite the wind, agree that the wee dram could of contributed to us getting lost towards the end!
    Hoping to do the Trollers Trot to, great to see some positive comments about the route, RW have it down as tough, but sounds manageable. I would love a copy of the route if anyone has one.
    Hi Clairster

Are you on the RW forum? if so I think we had a chat before the Os Phoneix last year. You'll love the TT brilliant race, I'll miss it this year though

Ian

Any of you forumites doing the Rombalds Stride on Saturday when the weather forecast is for snow!!

I'll see you there then !

Hiya Ian! Yup its me . looking to do the full thing at the phoenix this year, gulp. Trollers Trot is sounding more and more appealing
    Are you doing Rombalds?

Quote Originally Posted by clairster View Post
    Hiya Ian! Yup its me . looking to do the full thing at the phoenix this year, gulp. Trollers Trot is sounding more and more appealing
    Are you doing Rombalds?
    Hi Clairster

I was initially but the Mickledon Straddle takes priority plus it's only 3 miles from where I live

I'll be doing as many of the Montrails as I can squeeze in this year. Are you doing Bretts Haworth Hobble. A good step up from TT

Hi Clairster and Ian (are you the Ian that posted on Osmotherley RW forum).

Looking forward to Rombalds and Trollers, I've been more a road runner in the past but look in on here occasionally when I do fell runs in Howarth area (Withins, and Auld Lang Syne), great fun. Plan for this year is more distance and more on the trails/fells.

I'm also hoping to do Calderdale hike in march and one out of the Woldsman and Fellsman. So loads of long slow country runs in training. No doubt I'll do Osmotherley again too

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    Hi Clairster and Ian (are you the Ian that posted on Osmotherley RW forum).

I'm also hoping to do Calderdale hike in march and one out of the Woldsman and Fellsman. So loads of long slow country runs in training. No doubt I'll do Osmotherley again too
    Hi DE

Yes that was me, I'll be at the Fellsman and the HH. just got the small matter of the HP marathon first.

I'm doing Rombalds as well this Saturday and Trollers in March. I am a relatively new fell runner myself.

Saturday should be fun if the expected snow arrives. I did it last year in glorious weather and navigation was quite easy. The following week I went walking with friends from Ilkley along that route. But it had snowed heavily and visibility was really poor. Couldn't see any landmarks and we got hopelessly lost. Two hours later we arrived at the Cow and Calf!

How did everyone find Rombalds? The odd snow blast, lots of snow and ice but I still had the feeling it could have been much worse.

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    How did everyone find Rombalds? The odd snow blast, lots of snow and ice but I still had the feeling it could have been much worse.

Is anybody doing the anglezarke amble??

When I did this the start was in north bolton. Any idea of the route now it has moved to rivington?