Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: LDWA events

Re: LDWA events

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I hope you don't get him a cup of tea on the sly - that's exactly the sort of bad behaviour that gets runners a bad name on these events......... I hope you were just joking :thunbdown:
    Well said George, also runners that tag themselves onto a event when they hav'nt got an entry! This can cause organisers a real headache:angry:

i know the check point staff and the tea ladies on the event and am a long standing member of the group and i dont think theyed begrudge another frequent member a cuppa who was unlucky with entry, although i do see your point and was saying it tongue in cheek as i wouldnt have thought anyone ghosting it would have paraded them selves around. im personally dont ghost events for the reasons youve stated but wouldnt see anyone especally a freind in need and would share my snap. i wouldnt have sugguested it unless i was freindly with event staff and said ghoster wasnt an ldwa regular. hope this explains my post

on a different note whos on this event as nearly every local runner/walker ive spoken too hasnt got an entry

See you tomorrow Old 'un. Meet in the toilets as usual?:wink:
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

haha why not my friend, i can see another reputation developing how you doing since rrr any better ? are you plodding or racing tomorrow id bring your wellies :thumbup:

Plodding always, but retain the Fell Pony characteristic of innuendo and the Carry On films.

I might wear Pony Purple...
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

i might wear my traditional black and white one or east hull vest il keep an eye out for you mate :thumbup:

I wouldn't usually consider it and missing out on the benefits of being in the event teaches me a lesson that I need to enter earlier in future Btw I do pay for half a dozen or more LDWA events every year and numerous other off-road events around the country, so this is not habitual. Anyway, I know this countryside very well and have run all of this route in several recces in the last few weeks (as LSR, I already know the navigation) and in past events. Even passing on some course condition information on here for the benefit of others (hopefully). Its another run for me and my experiance is in my own hands, I'm not taking anything from the organisers (own food and drink) and I don't feel I'm burdening the organiser in this case. If I get in trouble I'll do what I'd do if i got in trouble running by myself. Sorry if wanting to run with friends in almost my own backyard offends some, its a a good route and I intend to enjoy it I hope you do too.

Have a good un oldun and others who'll be there tomorrow.
    Last edited by Drunkeneuphoria; 30-11-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkeneuphoria View Post
    Sorry if wanting to run with friends in almost my own backyard offends some, its a a good route and I intend to enjoy it
    So in Bowland where the landowner limits some events to 100 runners you just wear your vest of invisibility to fool the game-keeper keeping count?

That was great. A first for me, now an annual fixture. Enter in time, and luxuriate in the beautiful Wolds. Thanks to all involved, good work
    a rush and a push and the land is ours