Thread: I beat the rain.

I beat the rain.

All week its been hard frost up here in Carlisle. Ive looked across toward the northern hills, silhouetted against the winter sky, clouds far far above the summits and looked forward to getting up there this weekend.

Then what happens?
    Rain thats what happens. It was forecast for Sat/sun along with a rise in temp. When I awoke this morning though I saw the ground was still white so up I jumped from bed and scooted off in the the van to Threlkeld. I managed to get a 2hr+ run completed before the heavy wet stuff began in earnest.
    Blencathra summit was spookily still and quiet and with plenty of snow to run through. I found a new route on the North side, descending along the course of Raughton Beck to the West, meeting up eventually with the main Skiddaw House to Threlkeld path. A quick dart across the vally floor and I was on the path back toward Gale Rd/Latrigg.
    descending Latrigg it came on to rain quite heavy but with only the small climb back up to the Field Centre to do this mattered little.
    As I drove home the rain came down ever heavier - destroying the white winter scenery of the countryside.
    I felt I'd cheated the weather and am well chuffed.
    Hope it's decent conditions tomorrow for the Xmas BGR 1&2 recce runners.
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Re: I beat the rain.

I can't beat that I'm afraid, but I did beat the rain - I waited until it stopped.

Set off at about 3.00pm and ran the course of the Blackburn Winter Warmer for those that know it.
    Blue sky coming through - it was a nice evening to run it.

Looks promising for tomorrow - with a few of my kids on the Roddlesworth Roller.

Merry Xmas all.

Master

Re: I beat the rain.

Doe`s finnishing work on Wednesday and doing Kentmere on Thurs and Fairfield Friday then Cunswick Scout scar Sizergh Sedgwick (For those that know it) this morning before the rain count? because if it doe`s i think i can also claim to have beat the rain

Have a Goodun all im off to Glenmore for Christmas and new year
    The older I get the Faster I was