Thread: Wobble boards

Wobble boards

Anyone use one of these? If so have you found them benificial? Do you use them daily or just when recovering from a specific injury?

Banned

Re: Wobble boards

Usually try 3 x 5mins per week.
    Bought it after a twisted ankle last January. Been OK in that area since, good luck or wobble board you judge? Below are the ones I followed. All the best for the new year Ady

Stand on the wobble board, feet shoulder width apart. Rotate the wobble board round so that the edge of the board is in contact with the floor at all times. Again try this for 2 to 3 minutes.

Stand on the wobble balance board, again feet shoulder width apart - no chair allowed! Rock the board front to back for 1 minute then side to side for one minute.

Balance on the wobble board for as long as you can without the edges touching the floor. Aim for over 2 minutes without touching the floor.

Rotate the wobble board in a circle but do not allow the edge of the board to touch the floor. Aim for 2 minutes.

Stand on the wobble board with one leg. Rock the board from front to back for 1 minute and then side to side for 1 minute.

Again stand on the wobble board with one leg only. Rotate the board in a circular motion in one direction for 1 minute then repeat in the other direction.

Try to balance on the wobble board with one leg only! How long can you go for?

When you have mastered all of the above you should have strong stable ankles and be an expert. Now try it all with your eyes closed!!

Nice one. Might spalsh out £20 on one, cheers. ATB.

lost between Blackstone Edge and Stoodley Pike

Smile Re: Wobble boards

Some good suggestions fron Stagger but perhaps you could initially try with a home made wobble board first, probably won't be able to have a go at all the exercises but a good start. I advise my patients to initially make their own by rolling up a folded lengthways towel creating a swiss roll (type effort). Try balancing on this. You could also try other variations such as with knee flexed or extended, throwing / catching a ball, juggling, baloon / bubble popping etc (can you tell I work with kids!), good progressions before fully commiting to closing your eyes whilst standing on an uneven surface on a dodgy leg / ankle.

Have fun and good luck

Gaz

I like these money saving tips. Cheers

Just bought a wobble board in TK Maxx Leeds for £5 if anyone is looking for one.

I ended up getting a square of firm foam but have found standing on one leg with eyes closed does a good job.

Me and the kids go to the Juggling club in Ambleside. We use balance boards, which is a piece of thick plyboard and a small section of plastic drainage pipe.
    it is good training for the core muscles and also helps the kids for the Slack line, which is a cargo strap used as a tightrope.
    One other thing we do is try and stand just on the pipe and shuffle balance on it. That is good for the ankles.
    let the good times roll.