Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B.G.

Re: B.G.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy232 View Post
    Hello All,

First post here , can anyone tell me what is the total distance and average pace required to complete the BG, any other useful info. gratefully received.

Cheers,

Frenchy,
    All the info you need is on Bob Wightman's site at:

http://www.aqvi55.dsl.pipex.com/run/bob_graham.htm

Smile Re: B.G.

Hi all

I am having a go at the BGR in June, the weekend of the summer solstice (i.e. 21-22), as I am sure others will be doing that weekend. I have been getting to know the round over the last few months and am up in the Lakes for a week in April to continue the learning process.

If anyone needs an additional pacer for a section or two during May, please just let me know as I may be able to help out.

Cheers,

Pete
    Be what you wanna be !

Quote Originally Posted by rs2315 View Post
    Hands up how many completed the B.G. with no fell racing experience of any kind, and no more than a years training for the attempt?

rs2315.
    my training commenced fom scratch on Jan 1st 06. Back ground of 20 yrs road running and cross country. I had known about the BGR for 10 yrs and stored it away for a future challenge. I got round in 23n1/2 on 10th June.

Whats the secret. Nothing to do with running! All to do with strength of mind and Strength of body. climbing, climbing , climbing climbing.
    I did manage to do 8 wk ends on the bounce in the lakes.
    The real secret is an absolute desire to get round and make the decision to do it, what ever it takes.

ps available for supporting attempts this year as my partner is in training for her attempt. hopefully the 100th Lady....

Smile Re: B.G.

Moorlander - would you like, and be able to, pace a section or two the weekend of 21-22 June ? I have some keen and able pacers but no one who has completed the BGR themselves before and your experience would naturally be really useful !

Pete
    Be what you wanna be !

Should be available that week end. Navigation on 3 or 4 would be fine. I do know of a least one other attempt planned for that weekend. Have you planned a start time yet? Do you intend on going over Broad Stand ( If so you will need some one to arrange a rope.

I can confirm once I know your start date. Lots of training to do though. Let me know if you are in the Lakes, I wil arrange a meet. Can also put you in touch with other willing navigators.

I meant I need to know your start time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorlander View Post
    Should be available that week end. Navigation on 3 or 4 would be fine. I do know of a least one other attempt planned for that weekend. Have you planned a start time yet? Do you intend on going over Broad Stand ( If so you will need some one to arrange a rope.

I can confirm once I know your start date. Lots of training to do though. Let me know if you are in the Lakes, I wil arrange a meet. Can also put you in touch with other willing navigators.
    We (a mate and I) are planning to start at midnight on the Saturday night (21st) and aim for a 23hrs 32 mins round. We are planning on going over Broad Stand. I am in the Lakes 12 - 20 April recceing and also doing the Anniversary Waltz on the 19th. Great if you are around for some joint recceing at some point during that period !
    Be what you wanna be !

Yes I will be able to support a section on the Sunday. Section 3 or 4 would be good. I have navigated on both in some pretty grim weather.

D and I have also entered the Walz so will be up there that week end. We have two full weeks planned. The week prior to Easter in Mid March and the first week of May. We have entered the GL3D over the bank holiday weekend. It has been extended this year to 30 miles on the first 2 days & 25 on the last so makes for ideal BGR training.

Good luck to Denise on her attempt.......I would soooo love to be having a go!
    Keep us posted rerogress! Heaven knows I need something to keep me sane through injury woes.
    Chugger (Kate B...in case you hadn't sussed).

Thanks Kate, Will keep you up todate through the forum.
    Chugger - I dont think so.. Hope you get going again soon