Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roddleworth Roller Route

Re: Roddleworth Roller Route

Quite tempted by this one on Sunday as not done it before. Entry on the day okay? Looks a nice route.
    Last edited by Pinno; 04-03-2008 at 01:04 PM.

When the race was cancelled 2 years ago and the race organiser refused to refund any entry fees i promised myself that i wouldnt do the race again but i might swallow my principles and do it on Sunday

what is to stop anyone else putting on a race then cancelling it and just keeping the money? seems a bit wrong that!
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    When the race was cancelled 2 years ago and the race organiser refused to refund any entry fees i promised myself that i wouldnt do the race again but i might swallow my principles and do it on Sunday
    It does seem a bit naughty not to refund any monies from an event that is canceled. I wonder how often this happens??

What he did was give evryone the entry to the re-arranged date and of those that could not make it - they gave/sold their numbers to other people and had them changed.
    But there are some funny issues around this race it has to be said.

But it is a nice route, entry on the day should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    What he did was give evryone the entry to the re-arranged date and of those that could not make it - they gave/sold their numbers to other people and had them changed.
    WP, I couldnt make the rearranged date so i sent the organiser a letter explaining that and enclosed a stamped addressed envelope for him to return my entry fee. His return letter explained that it was not his policy to return any entry fees.

Just to explain that the race was cancelled because of snow. I checked the UKresults website before leaving home and there was no mention of the race being cancelled but when i got to Abbey Village there was a note on the school door saying the race had been called off. Quite a lot of runners turned up on the day and a few of us had a run round the course. The tracks round the reservoirs were covered in snow but perfectly OK for running on but conditions on the road section were pretty desperate and the organiser was correct in cancelling the race.

It wasnt until that afternoon that a message appeared on the UKresults website announcing the cancellation. It was a bit late by then

Hi Richard - I was one of those that turned up - but pay on the day - I did the summer one anyway.
    It's a bit of a family day usually with wife and kids involved.

Problem is that he works out the prize fund based on pre-entries, and last year didn't give a ladies team prize despite 62 lady finishers and several teams.

He has his own ways - I don't like them - but I do like the race - just not the organiser.

Sorry you missed out and it is ridiculous - anyone who has any problems should copy the school in on any correspondence.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

But it is a nice route, entry on the day should be fine.
    I shall check the Snow report before I leave home on Sunday morning then just in case.

As Witton Park says it is a nice route and i might well forget my principles and do it on Sunday.

Perhaps i should have kept my number from 2 years ago and run with that on

All the best laid plans!! May have to is miss this? our little boy has been poorly since Thursday and we have been up most of the nights over the last few days with him so feeling pretty knackered at the minute.
    Last edited by Pinno; 09-03-2008 at 06:05 PM.