Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who gets ill?

Re: Who gets ill?

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    hmmm maybe - my dad was a teacher and i don't remember him ever getting ill either
    ditto

I get a very occasional cold (mainly limited to a bad chest) the odd bad headache (migraine?) and that's about it. I work indoors (mainly office based) but eat well and keep fit. I am convinced that this helps, as does a positive mental disposition and drinking lots of water.

I have noticed that whenever I do get ill, it seems to be something the kids have brought home from school.
    I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Bloke who works for me was off ill today. AGAIN. i worked out he was absent through sickness for 26.5% of 2006!!!!!!

What do you do eh?
    Damn pleased I dont pay 'on or off'
    Event Photography
    www.athletesinaction.co.uk

Well I am ill again. I am sick (har har) of it. Spent all last week feeling like I was getting tonsillitis, but it didn't really develop so I have been running the last 3 days - yesterday I felt like my lungs were on fire as I ran, and last night I couldn't sleep for coughing.

It's not that bad, BUT it is bad enough to have stopped me running out this morning. Hopefully it won't get any worse. This is the 3rd time in 3 months I have been ill.

MOANMOANMOAN

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post

Well I am ill again. I am sick (har har) of it. Spent all last week feeling like I was getting tonsillitis, but it didn't really develop so I have been running the last 3 days - yesterday I felt like my lungs were on fire as I ran, and last night I couldn't sleep for coughing.

It's not that bad, BUT it is bad enough to have stopped me running out this morning. Hopefully it won't get any worse. This is the 3rd time in 3 months I have been ill.

MOANMOANMOAN
    one hill what temprature do you have your central heating set at ????

Quote Originally Posted by bestathlete View Post
    Bloke who works for me was off ill today. AGAIN. i worked out he was absent through sickness for 26.5% of 2006!!!!!!

What do you do eh?
    Damn pleased I dont pay 'on or off'
    About a day a week then. Looks like he's pulling a fast one. I've been on a training course that tell you how to deal with this sort of thing. I can dig the notes out if you like!? You have to be nice to them for a while and then give them a warning and then fire them. Or something like that....

A quarter of the time off sick is a complete piss take!

errrr my central heating is either on or off because it;s all cronky and old, but balanced up with the drafts it's about right i reckon

i have always been a bit prone to coughs and colds and stuff, i get a phase every few years where i get loads and i seem to be going through a phase now

i know i take the p*ss out of myself work wise but i have a lot of stress on at the min which i don't think helps

Quote Originally Posted by Track Fairy View Post
    About a day a week then. Looks like he's pulling a fast one. I've been on a training course that tell you how to deal with this sort of thing. I can dig the notes out if you like!? You have to be nice to them for a while and then give them a warning and then fire them. Or something like that....

Unless he is actually off with something serious of course

Master and MR

i think i average about 2 days a year since 1988
    never ever had more than 2 days off in a row

my forman who works under me has not had a day off sick in 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Track Fairy View Post

Not if it's in one go. one day a week for 3 weeks is taking the piss, especially if it's a Monday or Friday every week. 3 weeks off in total means he's probably ill. It's got a posh name, but I can't remember it!

Presenteeism is as big an issue to business but no one reports it.