Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BackPacks you can run in

Re: BackPacks you can run in

Thanks. This all helps a lot.

Talking Re: BackPacks you can run in

For shorter runs i use a Salomon Raid Revo 15 which is great and i havent had a SINGLE problem with. Deceptively big (15litres) seems a good size for what youre doing.
    I run in an Inov-8 race pro 30 at present and have found that as long as its relatively full its fantastic. Doesn't rub and surprisingly for a bigger pack doesnt bounce either.
    I have expreienced the race pro 20 also and didnt find that there was a problem with the fabric on the back, personal preference i suppose.

Wanted to dig this post back up.

Looking for a smaller rucksack. Currently use OMM 25l and it is just too big for adventure races, mtbing and long solo runs. Got a camelback but too small and bounces around.

Narrowed down my search to 3 bags and wanted to know if anyone has any opinions.

I think I am leaning towards the raidlight rucksack as I like the versatility but wondered if anyone has experience of it, or any of the others?

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the Quechua sacs from Decathlon. Got the 10litre I think fot the OCT and it was great - and I don't like to use rucksacs for races if I can possibly avoid it. A lot of people seem to like them too judging by the amount you see at longer races. They do a range of sizes and great prices too. Have a look at the Decathlon website.

Should add that they're not thelightest sacs compared to to some of the others mentiond, and personally i would have liked a mesh pocket to put a mp in, but these are minor niggles really. I would definitely recommend them

Anyone got any thoughts about something like the Camelbak Scudo for longer days out? Something like a leisurely Welsh 3000 attempt? Bladder plus 10l of gear space. How runnable are they?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...ation%20System

Never run with anything bigger than a bumbag...

Quote Originally Posted by idler View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts about something like the Camelbak Scudo for longer days out? Something like a leisurely Welsh 3000 attempt? Bladder plus 10l of gear space. How runnable are they?
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...ation%20System

Never run with anything bigger than a bumbag...
    Hi Idler,
    I've had 2 Camelbacks before and had problems with with the hydration pack leaking, therefore I wouldn't buy another.
    I now use Northface 12l Mako (this is the ladies version) which comes with a 3l hydration pack and doesn't have that plastic taste some others have. It has enough space for waterproofs and a lightweight fleece plus lots of little pockets for other bits and pieces.
    I ran a 42 miler with it with no problems at all, very comfortable. Bit pricey at £54.99 but you get what you pay for I think.
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

I had leaks with the Camelbacks as well.
    I've had 3 Camelbacks, all 3 leaked from the filler port. I liked the backpacks tho, but for biking not running- too much side to side movement when they're full for me.
    I use a 2l platypus container in them & my big rucksac now - no leaks but I'm not sure the bite valve thingy is as good as the Camel back one.

Hmm, thanks. I liked the look of that because I've had a camelbak on the bike for probably 10 years now and it always struck me as built like a tank. The bladders have changed since then - more ergonomic but less robust maybe?

I'd like to avoid swaying more than necessary ;-)

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
    Should add that they're not thelightest sacs compared to to some of the others mentiond, and personally i would have liked a mesh pocket to put a mp in, but these are minor niggles really. I would definitely recommend them
    i dont think you would get a military policeman in one mate