Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swaledale Marathon

Re: Swaledale Marathon

My club reccy'd this last weekend in two parts. None of us have done it before, they are pretty keen on the route which is good.

Should be interesting after Wharfedale, the wolds are good but they ain't no dales for training!!
    Have had my eye on this one for a couple of years.

Any results out for this one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jodg View Post
    Any results out for this one yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaledale outdoor club website

The 2008 Swaledale Marathon will be on Saturday 14th June.
    apparently not yet

For some reason I thought it was last weekend too and asked some walking pals yesterday how they got on only to be told the date!!

Bizarre that. Only I asked a friend who's taking part about when she'll be travelling up there and I was certain she said THIS weekend....oh well.

Swaledale Marathon

Anyone do this one on Sat? It usually gets a full entry of 500 but not sure how many fell runners enter.

Unhappy Re: Swaledale Marathon

I did - was a really great race, great route. It was full soon after opening if I recall correctly. Thought it was a touch easier then Wharfedale, indicated by me being 29 minutes faster than last Saturday (4:32 at Swaledale) .

Not seen the results yet, there was lots of scratching of heads and beards around the PC in the hall.

Does anyone know how quickly after the race the results are normally posted? It was certainly this weekend just gone, 14 july, finished in 4 hours 8 minutes, first time, but conditions were near perfect so no need for map reading.

Quote Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
    Does anyone know how quickly after the race the results are normally posted? It was certainly this weekend just gone, 14 july, finished in 4 hours 8 minutes, first time, but conditions were near perfect so no need for map reading.
    I'm waiting on them too, they said they would be posted the same day...

The conditions were great, that's a very good time. I Managed 4:32 myself and was frankly extatic. I started to feel tired at Surrender Bridge but managed to dig in for a 'sprint' finish (obviously didn't push the race hard enough ). Though still bad, I was pleasently suprised to find Gunnerside not as bad as made out. i expected to arrive at the top a wreck with bleeding legs after tripping over bodies on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb09 View Post
    Though still bad, I was pleasently suprised to find Gunnerside not as bad as made out. i expected to arrive at the top a wreck with bleeding legs after tripping over bodies on the way up.
    Yep Mikeb, i was lead to beleive it would be like a scene from some war film too, actually found fremington edge the hardest as no chance to settle in to a routine, didnt help being stood right at the tape in the start field either, got a bit carried away with the pace of the front runners and thought i could keep up. Evidently i didnt!

Any results out yet?