Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitten by a dog!

Bitten by a dog!

Just been out running and had to run through a load of hippies wild camping, they had a Jack Russel of it's lead and came over to me just barking, one of the people shouted from his tent, it doesn't bite, when guess what the little sh!t bit my calf, it took them a further 10 mins to get out of there tents to get the dog under control.

I had a tetnis (SP) around 2 years ago, will that be ok, as the it's broke the skin and ripped my tights!

Re: Bitten by a dog!

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    Just been out running and had to run through a load of hippies wild camping,

It's a wild guess Hopey.... but you weren't running near Deeply Vale were you?

PS - I seem to remember reading that tetanus jabs last up to 10 years so you'll be ok.
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 26-01-2008 at 05:37 PM.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

No it was walkerfold woods over in Bolton, so beware!

Graeme

I'm surprised your not more worried about it ripping your tights

Seriously though they can be bloody horrible things, I slow down to a walk whenever I encounter a dog and I never believe the "oh he's fine with runners" as they lunge for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hopey View Post
    a Jack Russel..what the little sh!t bit my calf, it's broke the skin and ripped my tights!
    Glad you have stated a new thread for this experience. If enough people respond, you should have a thread that is sufficiently long to repair the ripped tights.

As a runner you should be very good at coping with a stitch or two.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    Glad you have stated a new thread for this experience. If enough people respond, you should have a thread that is sufficiently long to repair the ripped tights.

As a runner you should be very good at coping with a stitch or two.
    oh dear

Ran past a guide dog some years back who decided that i was a threat to the owner. Jumped up and ripped my tracksters and drew blood. Resulted in a trip to A&E and tetanus shot in the a**e.

Nowadays, if I'm approached by a snappy dog I scream at it and flap my arms to show who's boss. I've found it particularly effective against Jack Russell types...

And, no, I do like dogs. We've got two of our own!

Was doing mile efforts, back & forth, on a cycle path the other day & after I got chased by a couple of dogs for a second time I had a pop at the owner;

Me "Have you no control over your bloody dogs?"
    Her "Oh but they're only young & playful."
    Me "So am I but I don't f*$%!ng chase people."

About a mile from the end of a tough 20 mile run last summer. See three people with two terriers on long extending leads walking my way. Having recently read another post on this forum about being bitten, I am in no mood for hassle. As I get within range, I alter course to give them all a wide berth. Of course, as expected one terrier makes a bee-line for my ankle. At the same time, I do a quick shimmy and kick it out of the way using the side of my shoe so not to damage the dog; dog bowled over; gasps of horror from the owner. Run on, without missing a step, feeling quite pleased with myself.
    Now ten yards away, one of the group shouts after me if I would like the vet's bill? I stop, turn around, and ask if they'd like my lawyer's bill. Then I carry on.

With larger dogs that look like trouble, I find carrying a stick as a club or a small rock until I've passed by gives the right message to the owner.

If I were a dog owner I would take full responsibility for my dog's actions. Why can't these people?

If I were a dog owner I would take full responsibility for my dog's actions. Why can't these people?

Because they are fu**wits !!