Where does it go?

Any of the race's!

Any help welcome!
    Hi Bear,
    the courses are set on the day but if you want more info pm Chris K
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Re: Anniversary Wa Course!

Chris K? Who's he !
    The courses will be the same as last year, except (thanks to Wynn & Steve and the farmer) we will have a field to run through, cutting the road to a minimum. When I find the file I'll put the details up!
    A circular route mostly downhill

Well I got the image up (with a lot of help), however I've not mastered trying to put acual routes on top yet! However all the junior races start in the same field as the seniors, its under the 'D' of Lake District on the opposite side of the road. U/8's do a circuit of the (undulating) field, U/10's follow the road se and go round the small woodland and back. U/12's go past the wood approx 100m on a diagonal climb then sharp right staight up the fell approx 150m then turn right sw to descend across the slope until the next path junction takes you back to the woodland then down to the finish. U/14's also follow this route but climb a lot further past the U/12 turn and so have a longer descent across the slope. U/16 & 18's run together, past the U/12, U/14 turn from the diagonal then climb directly up the fell through the crag (most northerly one shadowed on the image), follow the ridge along over the summit then turn down a steep gully to meet the path that leads back to the wood. Hi vis marshal points will mark each turn on well flagged routes.
    I hope to start the races as soon as we've got the seniors away so we can finish before the first of them return.

Oh and timings, if we get the U/8's away by 11.35 (unlikely but possible) the others should follow at 11.40, 11.50, 12.05 and 12.25 for the U/16/18, but successive races won't start until we have accounted for everyone from the previous race.

Talking Re: Anniversary Wa Course!

Hope its not the right-hand side D of The Lake District that field looks at bit wet, will bring wellies just incase!!

OK! I asked for that one - that would be the lake otherwise known as Derwentwater

A big 'THANKYOU' to all 229 juniors that ran today you looked magnificent (despite you all creeping away from the start line when we were trying to get you lined up)!
    Apologies to the U/16/18 runners for the last minute alteration to the course, but our summit marshals really couldn't stand in place so we opted for the two lap version of the U/14 course so both you and they were at less risk from the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    A big 'THANKYOU' to all 229 juniors that ran today you looked magnificent (despite you all creeping away from the start line when we were trying to get you lined up)!
    Apologies to the U/16/18 runners for the last minute alteration to the course, but our summit marshals really couldn't stand in place so we opted for the two lap version of the U/14 course so both you and they were at less risk from the elements.
    My daughter seemed to enjoy it the re-routed U16 / U18 race - it was a good test. Thanks to all.

I can tell you from the senior race, that there were a few points of the route that were vicious due to the wind - the top 20% of Robinson,. and coming off CatBells.

Look forward to seeing the results - I assume that they will go on the forum.