Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
Harsh if I may say so Notlob. And surprising coming from a Bolton supporter, he was superb for you and was instrumental in your play-off winning promotion year.

He's certainly "sensitive" and high maintenance. But also I suspect easily-led and influenced far too much by agents who told him he was better than he was.

Not surprising that his best form has been for two managers (Mr Allardyce and now Mr Money) who know how to look after their players, man-manage them individually and play to a system which exploits a player's strengths.
Perhaps I am a bit harsh, my comments are affected by the way he was so much bigger than Bolton after he got his England cap and was determined to move on to a bigger club. This might start another debate about whether he actually did that but that is largely immaterial. What I don't think can be denied is that after the initial early promise he showed at Walsall, it was further cultivated by Mr.Allardyce and since leaving Bolton his career has never been the same since.