Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds Utd

Re: Leeds Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Harsh if I may say so Notlob. And surprising coming from a Bolton supporter, he was superb for you and was instrumental in your play-off winning promotion year.

He's certainly "sensitive" and high maintenance. But also I suspect easily-led and influenced far too much by agents who told him he was better than he was.

Not surprising that his best form has been for two managers (Mr Allardyce and now Mr Money) who know how to look after their players, man-manage them individually and play to a system which exploits a player's strengths.
    Perhaps I am a bit harsh, my comments are affected by the way he was so much bigger than Bolton after he got his England cap and was determined to move on to a bigger club. This might start another debate about whether he actually did that but that is largely immaterial. What I don't think can be denied is that after the initial early promise he showed at Walsall, it was further cultivated by Mr.Allardyce and since leaving Bolton his career has never been the same since.
    If I'd wanted a parrot I'd have bought one

Quote Originally Posted by Notlob till i die View Post
    Perhaps I am a bit harsh, my comments are affected by the way he was so much bigger than Bolton after he got his England cap and was determined to move on to a bigger club. This might start another debate about whether he actually did that but that is largely immaterial. What I don't think can be denied is that after the initial early promise he showed at Walsall, it was further cultivated by Mr.Allardyce and since leaving Bolton his career has never been the same since.
    Notlob, we were thinking of popping down to the Reebok for the Athletico Madrid match in a couple of weeks. Have you any idea of ticket prices

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddy the Owl View Post
    Rickets caused a number of problems at latics- he was rumoured to have hit out at a number of players and the players banned him from the dressing room. Shez doesnt want him back.

you can have him- southend hated him too.
    Don't think the Leeds fans will have too many good memories of him .... just trying to recall the clubs he's played for since leaving Bolton and my list is below .... this man is trouble

Middlesboro
    Leeds
    Cardiff (loan) ??
    Burnley (loan) ??
    Stoke (loan) ??
    Southend
    Preston
    Oldham
    Walsall

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Notlob, we were thinking of popping down to the Reebok for the Athletico Madrid match in a couple of weeks. Have you any idea of ticket prices
    Sorry no, gave up my season ticket at Bolton a few years ago and have since lost touch .... having spoke to my mates who still go to Bolton the football is not the best, now I know it never was, but apparently it's even worse now.

Sorry no, gave up my season ticket at Bolton a few years ago and have since lost touch .... having spoke to my mates who still go to Bolton the football is not the best, now I know it never was, but apparently it's even worse now.
    We might give it a miss anyway. We have a home and away JP trophy semi final against Grimsby the following 2 Tuesdays and then hopefully another trip to Wembley in March and it gets a bit expensive.

Dont forget that Ricketts won a League cup winners medal in 2004. I cant remember who Middlesborough were playing that day

.... this man is trouble
    And I say again to you Notlob.....unless he is managed correctly.

He made some disparaging remarks about Walsall when he left the first time and I know he did the same at Bolton. As I said, that strikes me as a player believing all the hype!

I reckon he might have grown up at last. Apparently he's got a young child...might be just what he needs.

Fact remains, we don't get many players of such undoubted ability at our club unless they're on their way up and soon to leave us or they've had some "issues" in the past.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Damn, Bassetts gone too. I was hoping he'd still be there on Saturday.
    'That's what you get when you suffer - you get results'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    done well at coventry

Good result for you last night Chaddy!!

And not a bad one for us. We played Orient off the park but couldn't get that elusive goal. Still, 4th in the league aint bad!

No sign of Mr Ricketts though Rumours are either he's off somewhere else or our manager is keeping him on the "injured" list so that other clubs can't see how well he's playing!!

Oh, and JUST the sort of result we like to see Leeds getting....may they have MANY more this season
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog