Thread: kit requirements

novice

kit requirements

For mandatory kit requirements in races does full body cover mean you have to have a hood on the jacket? I have a packlite for cycling without a hood, would this be accepted?

Also when it says you have to carry a map is a black and white photocopy of the area allowed or do you need to carry the full map?

Re: kit requirements

Hi there novice,

Usually an organiser will state if they require a hood or hats and gloves. They usually state also if you require waterproofs or not as well. I usually take a pertex top and bottoms and waterproof ones as well just in case the kit requirement changes. It rarely does but always better to be prepared, especially if driving for 3 hours to get there.

Maps I believe have to be enough to navigate from. If you got lost and had to re-locate yourself and get yourself back to the start could you do it with your map? If the answer is yes then that map is fine regardless of what color it is. This is all dependant on you being able to map read which seems like a dark art to some runners.

This is all dependant on you being able to map read which seems like a dark art to some runners.[/QUOTE]

Quite right - Lord Voldemort is nothing compared to us navigators!

At Jura you are not allowed a b/w p/copy of a map but don't know of any others that state this.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

The Welsh 1000m peaks race also states no photocopies, and that if the map is trimmed it must cover the entire massif, not just a narrow corridor around the route.