Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: Lakeland 100

This was probably one of the best years thanks to no rain and not too hot. It doesn't make the challenge any easier though.
    Water damage was highly evident with even more washed-out paths -> linear boulder fields, wrecked and gullied Old Coach Road and disappeared stone bridge at Pooley.
    I took a few pictures over the long weekend. Notable images to look out for are the costumed volunteers at the checkpoints (brilliant, the lot of them), the recovery positions at Coniston and my pudding on Sunday evening. :-)

Nice pics Nick. Sorry to hear things didn't quite work out for you. Well done though. Agreed, weather and conditions underfoot don't get much better.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Indeed, big respect to those that had a go at the 100. I did the 50 and that was more than enough. It was great to be able to talk to many of the 100 runners between miles 54-100 (the 50 people have to do a ~4 miles loop of the Dalemain Estate before joining the main route and start at 11.30am on Sat, with 100ers leaving Coniston at 6.00pm Friday) and give them words of support and encouragement. Not surprising there were people in a variety of conditions – from some being still remarkably energised and chatty, to others that were clearly in a bit of a dark place and could hardly engage in even a brief conversation. It was impressive and inspiring to see all of those 100ers.

Think you’d have no problem doing a 50-60 event Pete after seeing how you handled LM42. I’m doing Bullock Smithy on 3 Sep (56 miles) and Lakes In A Day on 8 Oct (50 miles), why not give one of those a go? Fellsman (61+ miles) is another classic and favourite of mine which I’d strongly recommend.

Cheers Mark. Just had a look at Lakes In A Day and that does look good, especially the first half...! Won't be this year though, already too much planned, but penned it in for 2017.

Hoping to get back to Lakes 42 next spring as well.

Sold out in less than 5 minutes this year! Good luck to everyone who got a place (I'm in for the 100)

In for the 50.

Quote Originally Posted by obrienk View Post
    Sold out in less than 5 minutes this year! Good luck to everyone who got a place (I'm in for the 100)

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    In for the 50.
    100 too far Ben?

I was hoping to have another go at the 50...... then spotted price had increased from £70 to £90 (100 is £110) and so decided to give it a miss. Going to try and get into the LDWA North Yorkshire Moors 100, and for £69 (ldwa members) seems good value.

I did an entry for a friend wanting to do the L100, who was unable to get on-line at 9.00am....... was quite stressful worrying whether I'd be successful. Thankfully turned out OK.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    100 too far Ben?
    in 2017, probably.

in 2018, hopefully not.

Master
    Well done Alan Lucker for finishing in 14th place, a good day out
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Well done Alan Lucker for finishing in 14th place, a good day out
    Thanks John. After a conservative start, I was meant to speed up (or at least not slow down), but my painfully blistered feet tempered that a bit.
    Lancslad