Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 peaks?

3 peaks?

Going to run the 3 peaks run tomorrow if anyone fancies it? Starting from the cafe about 10am.

Sorry for the late notice but if anyone fancies it then pm me and I will check my messages tomorrow.

Be slow as the wine is tasting good.

Possibly riding mtb for a bit afterwards depending on the time.

Re: 3 peaks?

I'm running two of them this morning (I and W) from Ingleton; I'm hoping to be way on the way to finishing though by the time you're starting. Have a good 'un.

I hope there will be other opportunities to reccie this as I've not done any of them before, let alone all at once. Would have joined you today but got wadsworth trogged yesterday, so very sore from all the cramps and stuff.
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org

I might well be up for running them again on 23rd February, although I'd prefer an earlyish start (say 9:00 ish). Let me know if you're interested Mudlugger or anyone else come to that.

It was a great day for the run! Really wasn't a recce as its all going to be taped for the race. Just generally a great day to get round those hills. Gentle jog of the walkers route and really felt like spring despite being Feb.

I will not be able to make the 23rd as my calender goes a bit mental from the week after but may come for a hill or two but not all 3?

Mudlugger, really is a great run. Maybe a bit too much road and slabs but you forget that when you see the view def worth running round before race day at a pace where you can appreciate the view.

Thumbs up Re: 3 peaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I might well be up for running them again on 23rd February, although I'd prefer an earlyish start (say 9:00 ish). Let me know if you're interested Mudlugger or anyone else come to that.
    Def interested, Stolly, hope youre not thinking quick run though? I'm a plodder.

Talking Re: 3 peaks?

Quote Originally Posted by AJF View Post
    It was a great day for the run! Really wasn't a recce as its all going to be taped for the race. Just generally a great day to get round those hills. Gentle jog of the walkers route and really felt like spring despite being Feb.

I will not be able to make the 23rd as my calender goes a bit mental from the week after but may come for a hill or two but not all 3?

Mudlugger, really is a great run. Maybe a bit too much road and slabs but you forget that when you see the view def worth running round before race day at a pace where you can appreciate the view.

Cheers AJF, think everyone can enjoy the view at my pace. I need to up my weekend mileage as I get severe cramp around 20 mile mark, so a reccie would hopefully help my condition (weakling).

Quote Originally Posted by mudlugger View Post
    Def interested, Stolly, hope youre not thinking quick run though? I'm a plodder.
    I like plodding too - I did it a few weeks ago in about 5 hours 12 would positively enjoy slowing that down to whatever speed you like.

Thumbs up Re: 3 peaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I like plodding too - I did it a few weeks ago in about 5 hours 12 would positively enjoy slowing that down to whatever speed you like.
    5 hrs suits me, count me in.

Fellhound

There's always the Bowland bat run round it, starting at 5pm on Friday the 29th from the Hill Inn. We expect to take between 5 and 6 hours, depending on weather, who comes along, and who has the worst bad patches....

I've been out and run over two of them today (Ingleborough and Whernside, with Simon Fell and Park Fell in between) and that was knackering enough so it might be me