Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Heatwave!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Tourists driving about mid Wales thinking this is a normal summer - all want to move here now
    Same in the lakes.
    Gridlock on the popular fells and the roads heaving with tourists eyeing up potential homes/holiday homes.
    I have taken to going out with the dog at 0430 while it is still relatively cool and the fells are lovely and quiet, I can do Kentmere horseshoe without seeing a soul and be home for breakfast before the madding crowd set forth
    Off out with the dog again now for a swim in the river kent.
    For my part I will be glad when the heatwave is over and I can tie my laces without breaking into a sweat
    The older I get the Faster I was

I've had enough too, simply do not function well in this heat. I did 17 miles on the beacons on Wednesday and despite starting at 6am I was little more than a crawling ball of sweaty mole - unpleasant.
    Went out with some ldwa friends for a walk over elan valleys last night, 15 miles walk in the dark, pleasantly cool and not a sole to be seen, bonus of not getting lost but 3.30am when I got home!

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I've had enough too, simply do not function well in this heat. I did 17 miles on the beacons on Wednesday and despite starting at 6am I was little more than a crawling ball of sweaty mole - unpleasant.
    Went out with some ldwa friends for a walk over elan valleys last night, 15 miles walk in the dark, pleasantly cool and not a sole to be seen, bonus of not getting lost but 3.30am when I got home!
    Chapeau Matt. I'm out on BG L5 duties this evening.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Heatwave or not, still managed to find knee deep bogs on Chrome Hill Fell Race this afternoon. Lovely little village race in fantastic location.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I'm starting to get fed up with this weather. The raspberries in my garden are pathetic little dried-up things. I've had to fetch more water from the stream to top up my pond. I've got a twinge in my calf because the ground is so hard on all my running routes.

Those of us who remember 1976 are not amused.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I'm starting to get fed up with this weather. The raspberries in my garden are pathetic little dried-up things. I've had to fetch more water from the stream to top up my pond. I've got a twinge in my calf because the ground is so hard on all my running routes.

Those of us who remember 1976 are not amused.
    Another month they reckon the worst thing is even running early morning I’m only jogging round and not training, I’m not built for the heat

Bloomin' grumps!

Me. I'm lovin' it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYIT...LOva71KzxaICf0
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post

To to be honest I’m not happy unless I’m moaning about running in the rain

Banned
    I'm in the hot hot hot camp.
    Loving it.

Long may it continue. 🌞😎👍

Loving it also. More bogs today on the Great Hucklow Fell Race to keep the blisters cool!