Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Heatwave!

Fantastic.

Until you've ran 50 miles a week in Bangkok, you don't know you're born...!

Although I have to admit I could feel the heat radiating out of the hillside on the final climb today, absolutely scorching.

Super Moderator
    I’m ready for a change - bring on the wind and rain!!

I'm with Stagger and Mossdog - loving this summer. Back-to-back fell racing last weekend across the parchment book-ended by ultras previous and next weekends to maintain the dust tan. Marvellous. I've never seen it so brown since 1976. I wonder if it'll hold until Lakeland 100?

It is great. Although track session yesterday was hard work, there was a noticeable difference coming off the shady bend and into the sun on the straight, it was pretty roasting.

My main issue is I sleep in an attic room with only one small window, so it's pretty toasty right now.

I normally don't deal with heat too well but coping a bit better than normal. Got through the Saunders OK (albeit a bit closer to 'holiday mode' than normal), though came down with a mega hayfever reaction afterwards. A slight injury also kept me off running in the first week or so of heat. The main thing is my work desk faces away from the window so my impending thesis deadline and not the lovely weather maintains my full attention.
    Last edited by ba-ba; 04-07-2018 at 10:36 PM.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Ripe blackberries on a bush near my home -- in the middle of July!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    It's over. Yippee!!! I had almost forgotten how wonderful it feels to have a cool wind blowing against me . . . and that smell when the rain starts!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I've been away on an extended work trip to Cork to visit a customer, and it was flipping boiling over there. Nice city by the way, loads of pubs but not sure I'd stay there on holidays... just other places I'd prefer to go.... very pleasant though.

It's seems to have gone noticeably warmer the last hour, but it was certainly cool this afternoon. I went over to a local reservoir for a walk and got caught out in the rain in tshirt and shorts and was shivering. Not shivering as much as the guy in a boat who was bailing out water and visibly sinking though....!

And in the incredibly heavy storm we had an hour ago it came down so heavy it's come through the roof of the conservatory...

I lit the woodburner this afternoon

Master
    Snorkel and Fins would have been more appropriate for todays outing but TBH it was sheer heaven after the debilitating heat of the last few weeks, dog and I loved it.

With a bit of luck it may even be cool enough to get a decent nights sleep tonight
    Last edited by JohnK; 28-07-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was