Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gritstone Any Time Challenge

Re: Gritstone Any Time Challen

Quote Originally Posted by Moorlander View Post
    There is a list of completions, but im not the keeper. I will contact Jim ( the Keeper ) and get back to you
    Thanks Jim,

I will work on brining the list up todate.

Sunday was my 4th run on this route , First one was at easter , helped with some great route advice from Jonathan , Dale , Robin and co. , all who've done it many times before. Wasn't great weather but a really good run out.
    Next couple of times were early summer and did a 3h28m on a good day and a 3h38m when I got it wrong coming off Burbage in the mist.
    Sunday I set off in clear but cold conditions from the Cat & Fiddle for another anticlockwise run. Thoughts of a getting decent time , and the knowledge that Dale has recently done a fast one , kept me going to finish in 3h24m, tired but really enjoyed it.
    Was a good day for it , I met Anthony and Tracey who were just heading out on the same route from C&F when I'd finished , hope it went well for them.

Excellent Run Fell Zebra ( is that you Brian). When I did my 3hrs 26 it was a beatiful summers day and bone dry all the way. I bet you had to cope with loads of bogs and cold weather to. Plus it was day after NSXCL eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fellzebra View Post
    Sunday was my 4th run on this route , First one was at easter , helped with some great route advice from Jonathan , Dale , Robin and co. , all who've done it many times before. Wasn't great weather but a really good run out.
    Next couple of times were early summer and did a 3h28m on a good day and a 3h38m when I got it wrong coming off Burbage in the mist.
    Sunday I set off in clear but cold conditions from the Cat & Fiddle for another anticlockwise run. Thoughts of a getting decent time , and the knowledge that Dale has recently done a fast one , kept me going to finish in 3h24m, tired but really enjoyed it.
    Was a good day for it , I met Anthony and Tracey who were just heading out on the same route from C&F when I'd finished , hope it went well for them.

Yes Dale its me, ...it was cold - think was 2 degrees when I parked up, so not a day to be hanging about long. Very wet on the bit between Wildboarclough and crossing the Buxton road and on some bits coming off Axe edge and around Burbage , but it could have been worse, prob a good day up there for November really.

Does this make it look like I didn't try hard enough at the sat XC?!

Yes..............................

Does this make it look like I didn't try hard enough at the sat XC?![/QUOTE]

Did this on Saturday. I was hoping to get under 5 hours but had to settle for 5:16. Conditions were not exactly conducive to a fast time, particularly for someone unfamiliar with the route. The combination of poor visibility and snow cover meant that I failed to find any trods on Axe Edge, and the wooded section on the way to Shining Tor was exceedingly boggy. None the less an enjoyable day out, hopefully next time I might get a view from at least 1 of the 5 trigs!

Recent weeks / months training has been in preparation for HPM, Edale Skyline, 4 Inns so with those out of the way and a day off work , Friday seemed like an ideal opportunity for another run around the 5 trigs. I was off at about 7.45 in clear conditions going anticlockwise from the Cat&Fiddle. Am aware of the route choice but from Roaches trig I think the best way is the direct route off over the heather down to Goldstitch. Mostly dry conditions underfoot throughout , things were going ok and by Axe Edge trig was thinking of an improved time, although still some difficult running to do. Goyts quarry climb was hard work on tired legs, so glad to get to the top and on better running to Shining Tor. Cat&Fiddle doesn't look far from Shining Tor , but it felt a long way this time!

Finished very pleased, but tired in 3h13m03s, really enjoyed my morning out.

It went very well , great conditions for me , hardly anyone about either, this route is highly recommended for all.

Brilliant Time Brian, Of those reported thats a new Record. Faster than Spyke.

Im going this Saturday , but only at training pace as TWA next weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Fellzebra View Post
    Recent weeks / months training has been in preparation for HPM, Edale Skyline, 4 Inns so with those out of the way and a day off work , Friday seemed like an ideal opportunity for another run around the 5 trigs. I was off at about 7.45 in clear conditions going anticlockwise from the Cat&Fiddle. Am aware of the route choice but from Roaches trig I think the best way is the direct route off over the heather down to Goldstitch. Mostly dry conditions underfoot throughout , things were going ok and by Axe Edge trig was thinking of an improved time, although still some difficult running to do. Goyts quarry climb was hard work on tired legs, so glad to get to the top and on better running to Shining Tor. Cat&Fiddle doesn't look far from Shining Tor , but it felt a long way this time!

Finished very pleased, but tired in 3h13m03s, really enjoyed my morning out.

It went very well , great conditions for me , hardly anyone about either, this route is highly recommended for all.

Hi Moorlander

Is the list of completions/times available to see anywhere.

Apologies if I failed to notice it elsewhere in the thread

Gyppo
    First run then beer. If no run then proceed directly to beer.

Still not got to updating the list yet, But this is Jims official list dating back to 2009.

There have been loads since including last weekends 3hrs 13 record by Brian L

Mike and I got round in 3hrs 47 today. wonderful weather and very enjoyable run out in preperation for next weeks TWA

1. Jim Cooke (2) 4:55 Staffs Moorlands
    2. Steve Littlewood (1) 7:29 Stafford Harriers
    3. Dora Deaville (1) 7:29 Staffs LDWA
    4. Rod Campbell (3) 5:13 Staffs Moorlands
    5. Roger Ashby (2) 5:13 Sale Harriers
    6. Ian Ankers (1) 3:58 Staffs Moorlands
    7. Dale Colclough (4) 4:34 Staffs Moorlands
    8. Denise Broome (4) 4:34* Cheadle Harriers *ladies Record*
    9. Dave Edge (5) 4:12 Staffs Moorlands
    10. Jon Whilock (2) 4:12 Staffs Moorlands
    11. Tony Vernon (1) 5:25 Staffs Moorlands
    12. John Pickering (1) 6:12 Staffs Moorlands
    13. Richard ? (1) 6:09 ?
    14. Hazel ? (1) 6:09 ?
    15. Steve Pyke (3) 3:20* Staffs Moorlands *Male Record*
    16. Craig Jeffries (1) 4:10 Staffs Moorlands
    17. Rob ? (Got Gravity) (2) 3:51 (Matlock)