Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: History in the making

History in the making

Silsden FC have been drawn to play FC United of Manchester in the quarter-final of the North West Counties league cup - the tie will be played at COUGAR PARK (LAWKHOLME LANE), home of Keighley rugby league club on SATURDAY FEBRUARY 17TH - KICK OFF 3PM.
    FC United are the fans breakaway club of Manchester United and have a huge following. This will be one of the biggest games ever played in the town, with several thousand expected to be there.
    It would be nice to see as many Keighley & district residents there as FC United supporters - please make it a date in your diaries.
    Entry will possibly be around £7 for adults, and half that for kids - much better value for money than watching overpaid premier league stars!
    The teams also play a league fixture at Cougar Park on Thursday March 29th (7.45pm)
    see you all there !

oh, and its Silsden v Bacup borough on Wednesday night - Grillo v JJ !
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Re: History in the making

Quote Originally Posted by robgrillo View Post

What position does JJ play?!

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    What position does JJ play?!
    Midfield enforcer
    30 years and still here.

undercover moderator

Inside left, with a bit of luck.

Joliver Jim

I'm up for a battle. Chris has even suggested we go along and watch the match!

Quote Originally Posted by Joliver Jim View Post
    I'm up for a battle. Chris has even suggested we go along and watch the match!
    Silsden will be out for revenge, Bacup won 5-0 earlier in the season thanx to some shocking refereeing decisions.
    Let me know if you are going...I'm on cup-of-tea-for-visiting-officials-and-supporters duty at half time so you could be in for a free cuppa !!
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Joliver Jim

Yeah right. Wot like....five of them???
    shocking refereeing decisions.
    Free cuppa sounds good though.

Let me know if you are going...I'm on cup-of-tea-for-visiting-officials-and-supporters duty at half time so you could be in for a free cuppa !!

Aaah the joys of non league football. I made it down to the Planet Conservatories Stadium yesterday aft to watch my local team Kendal for the first time. They got thumped 5 - 1 but apparently had some defenders out injured!!

The highlight for me was definately the banter on the terraces - the abuse of players and officials is so much more personal at these small games. I'm sure the linesman is used to getting grief about the size of his nose but constant chanting of "Concorde concorde - give us a wave!!" for 20 mins got funnier and funnier.

Oh and the actual football on the pitch wasnt as bad as I was expecting. I will def go again.

Rob - Kendal are in the Unibond League Premier Division. Do you know where this lies in the grand scheme of things? Which league are Silsden in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dux de lux View Post

Rob - Kendal are in the Unibond League Premier Division. Do you know where this lies in the grand scheme of things? Which league are Silsden in?
    Aye, Kendal Town are at non league 'step 3'.
    Step 1 is the conference national division, step 2 is conference north & conference south, while the northern premier league (unibond league) premier division is one of three leagues at step 3 in the football pyramid.
    Silsden are in the top division of the North West Counties league, which is step 5 !
    www.robgrillo.co.uk
    IS THAT THE 12" MIX

Chris

Due to a rather odd urge to go to Bacup Borough I took Sam who is 11 and Oliver who is three along to watch them yesterday. Never been along before but then we are a bit new to this town. Also couldn't afford to watch Pompey at Old Trafford.

Sadly we found no match on due to waterlogged pitch but as we are a bit hardcore now so slightly expect us to be at Silsden on Wednesday.

Milk no sugar for me. Milk and 2 sugars for Sam please.

We also tried to buy a ticket for the match next saturday between Bacup and the team with the huge support but couldn't find a ticket seller.