Thread: ldwa 100 (Yoredale)

ldwa 100 (Yoredale)

I'm planning to do Horton to Bainbridge Sunday 2nd March. If anyone wants to join me or just cadge a lift, let me know.

Re: ldwa 100 (Yoredale)

Had a good day out on Sunday, with cousin Gill. Took a while to get my bearings in Horton!!! (GPS would have been a bit wiggly then!). But once on the track very obvious. Long way up to Kidhow Gate. Then nice track down to Hawes. Again easy to find. Fearful wind! Bit of wiggling though Gayle to get to Hawes, but nothing too difficult to find. Went past the cafe in Hawes without stopping for a cup of tea (although sorely tempted!). Hawes to Bainbridge was the trickiest bit, but is still fairly straight forward. Along the old railway, the "danger" spot on the instructions could well be interesting in the dark! It seemed a long way through Bainbridge to get to the checkpoint - something to do with having done 19 miles and raced the day before (I won't work out how many miles I will have done on the day..)

Planning to do Bainbridge - Linton on Easter Sunday or Easter Monday. Anyone else interested?

Did Bainbridge to Linton today. Lovely run out. I'd done some of the route before (on Wensleydale Wedge and walking round Buckden). Sun & snow were fab. Hope I still recognise the route in May! Most of it very straight forward. The bit round Grassington was a bit fiddly. Descriptions are good - assume it will be quicker for me now I've done it.

Next recce - Linton to the end. Not sure when (hopefully when Derby Tup's around for that cup of tea!)

Did another recce today with cousin Gill. Linton to the end. Mostly very easy to find. Me thinks it's going to be hard at the end - the tracks are wide and just go on and on and on!!! Went very slowly today - walked a fair bit of it. One of us not exactly suffering from the effects of the beer festival from last night, but noting that she'd had a few pints! The other just plain knackered! Said hello to Derby Tup but he didn't answer or give out any tea (shame I don't know exactly where he lives!).

Just got the first section to do now. Skipton to Ingleton. Anyway up for next weekend? Or early May bank holiday weekend?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine View Post
    Did another recce today with cousin Gill. Linton to the end. Mostly very easy to find. Me thinks it's going to be hard at the end - the tracks are wide and just go on and on and on!!! Went very slowly today - walked a fair bit of it. One of us not exactly suffering from the effects of the beer festival from last night, but noting that she'd had a few pints! The other just plain knackered! Said hello to Derby Tup but he didn't answer or give out any tea (shame I don't know exactly where he lives!).

Just got the first section to do now. Skipton to Ingleton. Anyway up for next weekend? Or early May bank holiday weekend?
    If you were passing this afternoon I'd have been enjoying a gentle afternoon nap after yesterday's Calderdale Hike. Question for t' 100 is what time are we all planning to start on the big day?! It's getting closer and closer...

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    If you were passing this afternoon I'd have been enjoying a gentle afternoon nap after yesterday's Calderdale Hike. Question for t' 100 is what time are we all planning to start on the big day?! It's getting closer and closer...
    Well earned nap I'm sure! Hope you recover in time for the 3Ps! Start times - looking at last year's results - you could choose 10, 12 or 2 to start - almost everyone started at 10. This year with them being only an hour apart I suspect there may be more people starting later. I was planning to start at 10.

Just done the last bit of recceing today. Went from around Attermire (half way between Malham and Settle) to Settle, then Clapham, then Ingleton. The descriptions are fine, but the route is a bit fiddly on the last bit. Boy was it hot! I really do hope it cools of a bit in the next 2 weeks.