Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moel Y Ci

Moel Y Ci

Race organised by Eryri this sat... anyone doing it ?
    Anyone done this one before ? It says 4mi/950' with a record of over 37 mins? Looks like it could be another dubious distance estimation,sounds slow for the stats to me !

Re: Moel Y Ci

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    Race organised by Eryri this sat... anyone doing it ?
    Anyone done this one before ? It says 4mi/950' with a record of over 37 mins? Looks like it could be another dubious distance estimation,sounds slow for the stats to me !
    Aye, I'll be there and correct distance a tad bit out, I got it at 4.9 mi / 1250ft...................it definately feels longer than 4miles anyhow........

I'm marshalling, arm still in a cast and don't want to risk a fall at the moment.

Huge winds last night, wonder if any of the course through the woods is affected. Couldn't get to the sumit of drum, could barely stand or breath.

route map on our site

we will be on the route somewhere !

http://teamdolly.co.uk/

click on link for pdf of race route.

Cheers

Pete

Excellent race,well organised and marshalled.Nice course with some good descending.Thanks to all involved.Weather was pretty good considering its feb.The course felt more like 5-5.5 mile than 4 mind.The 90 min drive there didn't help my legs for the initial climb.Must learn to get to races earlier and warm up !!

Well done all .Think I snapped everyone just after the summit.
    Pictures should be on the Eryri site gallery sometime.

If anyone wants wants a copy send me a number/description and i'll e-mail
    you a pic .

See you at pipe dream next saturday - route maps on

www.teamdolly.co.uk

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders rambler View Post
    The course felt more like 5-5.5 mile than 4 mind.
    I'm reliably informed that it is indeed longer than the stated 4 miles.

This was the first time I ran it and I found it much harder than it appeared on paper.

I suspect that the stated height is incorrect too. My altimeter tells me that I ascended in excess of 1400 feet, 450 feet more than I expected. Altimeter readings are often incorrect, but not usually by such a large relative error. I shall have to get the map out and do some contour counting when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RhosgadMath View Post
    Aye, I'll be there and correct distance a tad bit out, I got it at 4.9 mi / 1250ft...................it definately feels longer than 4miles anyhow........
    Just read your post. This distance/height seems a bit more like it!
    Last edited by Fortinbras; 23-02-2008 at 08:11 PM.

I jogged round the route checking the tape was all OK before the race, and then ended up marshalling lower down with the missus and the dogs, Moel Y Ci always feel higher than just 400 or so m high. That grind up the back on the road/track is a killer. Not sure what it was like for the race, but when we ran up the final ascent to the summit we were almost blown up hill, made it so easy at a steady plod. Nice race with a nice atmosphere.

Local races look like they could be getting a bit tasty at the top end of the field, with Rob Greenwood looking strong, that clwydians guy, Rich Roberts coming back to fitness and there's also a belting runner, Nick Swinburn, at the Uni, who will start doing a few more local fell races I think.

Pictures , race report and results on-line ;

http://www.teamdolly.co.uk/

and

http://www.eryriharriers.org.uk/

Cheers

Pete