Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sportiva Fell shoes

Re: Sportiva Fell shoes

Update: got a new pair back from Sportiva. No suggestion as to why they should have started to fall apart so early but we'll see how this pair goes.

But....I've discovered how to make these shoes better. Rip out the insoles!!! Stupid daft cushioned "fithotic" insoles!! Much better without them. Did 90 mins at decent pace yesterday with some nice climbs and steep descents and I could "feel the hill" much better.

I might get used to these shoes yet!!
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

I've got a pair of these and on my third run in them the right shoe started making a strange creaking noise as I toed off. It drove me crackers until I managed to ignore it. Can't pinpoint exactly what it is but sounds like something in the sole rubbing as it flexes. Silly question, but has anyone else had the same problem?

Mr.1470, where did you send them back to? I might have to do the same. Fortunately I haven't cut the lace protector off but I might have too. Difficult to get them laced right without being able to get at the lower laces.

Jimmyboy - not noticed that problem. I took mine back to the shop where I bought them and they sent them back. I know what you mean about the lace protector as well, even the guy in the shop said "I don't know what you do if a lace breaks"!!!
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    I just received the Fireblades I ordered as trail shoes.
    Dogrunner...where did you order your sportivas from ? as only the crosslights are available in the uk
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Stones View Post
    Dogrunner...where did you order your sportivas from ? as only the crosslights are available in the uk
    I am in the US and ordered them from REI (www.rei.com). Backcountry Gear has them too. I don't know how much of a nuisance or expense it would be mailordering overseas, so this may not help much.

I've only worn them (to be clear - mine are the fireblades, not the crosslites) once - they were reasonably comfortable, ran a little "flat", and I want to try them for longer runs. I am spoiled by lighter shoes like the Inov8 roclite 295, though, which have been getting most of the miles lately.
    Last edited by dogrunner; 15-05-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: clarification

So any one else rating these Sportiva fell shoes, good, or bad, or indifferent?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy View Post
    I've got a pair of these and on my third run in them the right shoe started making a strange creaking noise as I toed off..
    Strange creak has now ceased and last night on greasy trails and steep grassland they performed well. Just a shame the bloke wearing them didn't!