Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sportiva Fell shoes

Re: Sportiva Fell shoes

I wonder whether those spikes damage the studs or not? could double up as a cross country racing shoe with the spikes in and a trail/fell shoe with them out. the spikes would also be useful in snow/icey conditions

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Bugger, I'll have to try on a pair. Bad news that, I suppose its carry on with Walshes.
    Update on fit: I don't know if this helps with the Crosslite, but I just received the Fireblades I ordered as trail shoes. I bought 1/2 size up from my normal Inov-8 size. They are definitely longer, which will take some getting used to, but they are also noticably roomier in width. In my Inov8 roclite315s my toes are squeezed together a bit and rub on both sides of the toe box. In the half size up Fireblades, there is no squeezing and my little toe can feel the side of the shoe but not rubbing (at least while walking around the house). Midfoot and heel fit seems secure without cranking down the laces, but of course, only running will tell the tale.

According to LaSportiva, the Crosslites fit narrower than the Fireblades, but there is a little width to give, so maybe Crosslite fit would be snug without being too tight ??? I'm just speculating, and I'm not going to spend the money to find out right now, but I'd be curious how they fit for other folks with wide feet, if you have the chance to try them.

Only another month or two before I can run not on snow !

Has anyone seen these Crosslites in the shops yet? If so, where?

These look like pretty interesting shoes to me.

david

Lakes Runner in Ambleside say they have them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Lakes Runner in Ambleside say they have them in stock.
    It seems that us wide footers are at last getting a choice and the sportivas look good BUT Mizuno's Wave Harriers have been quite a surprise. Having trained in them these last few weeks, the comfort forced me to favour them over Walshes on my local fells inc Black Combe. And feel safe on the descents, according to split times 9th fastest on final descent (pity not so good elsewhere!)
    Feedback on the sportivas is they are very comfortable, jury out on their performance.

Are these more available yet? I'd particularly like to know whether anyone has seen them in the Bristol area.

Crosslite Reviewed!

Never bother doing stuff like this but these things are so good I think they deserve a mention. I tried them out as a potential BGR shoe when visiting Canada, after two days of walking just around the streets of Vancouver I went up the Grouse Grind(2.9km 2800ft) which had several feet of snow on the top. I then ran to the Eastern end of the Baden Powell trail, another three hours plus of running. Not a mark on my feet and they felt like wearing slippers. I've since done a ten hour recce as far as Sgt Man from Keswick including an icy halls fell ridge again no problems. Inov8 by contrast ripped my feet to shreds. Much better grip than Inov8s. The only possible weak point so far is I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the laces if they break. I have bought a second pair in preparation for my round just as a spare pair. Well worth taking a chance on them!

Quote Originally Posted by BG Hopeful View Post
    The only possible weak point so far is I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the laces if they break. !
    My wife says its also difficult to tighten the lower laces, but thinks the cover makes them look nice..

..if I got a pair I think I'd cut that bit away.

david

Quote Originally Posted by BG Hopeful View Post
    Crosslite Reviewed!

Never bother doing stuff like this but these things are so good I think they deserve a mention. I tried them out as a potential BGR shoe when visiting Canada, after two days of walking just around the streets of Vancouver I went up the Grouse Grind(2.9km 2800ft) which had several feet of snow on the top. I then ran to the Eastern end of the Baden Powell trail, another three hours plus of running. Not a mark on my feet and they felt like wearing slippers. I've since done a ten hour recce as far as Sgt Man from Keswick including an icy halls fell ridge again no problems. Inov8 by contrast ripped my feet to shreds. Much better grip than Inov8s. The only possible weak point so far is I'm not sure how easy it is to replace the laces if they break. I have bought a second pair in preparation for my round just as a spare pair. Well worth taking a chance on them!
    Compare and contrast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr1470 View Post
    Just to prove it's not only Inov8s.....I bought a pair of Sportiva a few weeks ago. So far I've done 2 long days in them (37 miles and 25 miles) on mostly muddy terrain....and the material is splitting in the same place on both shoes A trip back to where I bought them beckons!

Added to which, I don't particularly like the cushioned feel. I find I can't "feel" the hillside well enough, especially when descending.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Compare and contrast.
    Ha ha

BG Hopeful only lives about 3 miles away from me. I'll have to pop over and show him the state of my Sportivas after 3 runs!!

Anyway, he comes from a track running background, so he's bound to like the cushioned feel

My pair have been sent back to Sportiva for their comments. To be fair, they probably are a smashing trail shoe. But not fell shoes as far as I'm concerned.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog