Thread: Farndon 10k

Farndon 10k

Any forumites doing this tommorrow?

I'm still just doing road running races. Supposedly a nice undulating course, also where Dianna's 'Rock', i.e. the Butler is from so a chance of some z list celeb spotting.

Re: Farndon 10k

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Any forumites doing this tommorrow?

I'm still just doing road running races. Supposedly a nice undulating course, also where Dianna's 'Rock', i.e. the Butler is from so a chance of some z list celeb spotting.
    Been debating whether to do this or Cloud 9 (Cloud 9 is my preferred race) but still tempted by this 10k run as this is my fav distance. Mind you everyone here is under the weather with colds so may be touch and go whether I will be able race tomorrow anyway. Think a decision will have to wait till morning.
    Last edited by Pinno; 01-03-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Did you do it in the end Pinno?

Nice race, undulating and scenic, some wind in the face for the last 1.5 miles or so, but OK going.

I did 35:48 I think, not sure on my placing, 6th or so. I think the winner, Cive West? did ~33:30, 2nd just over 34mins.

Did the first mile in 5:15 which was a bit alarming and died a bit between 4-5 and did a split of 6:03 which I wasn't happy with.

Excellent run that IainR! Think a couple from Helsby did it so will be good to look at the results
    http://helsbyrunningclub.wordpress.com/

i'll risk it for a biscuit

:w00t:

Did you do it in the end Pinno?

Nice race, undulating and scenic, some wind in the face for the last 1.5 miles or so, but OK going.

I did 35:48 I think, not sure on my placing, 6th or so. I think the winner, Cive West? did ~33:30, 2nd just over 34mins.

Did the first mile in 5:15 which was a bit alarming and died a bit between 4-5 and did a split of 6:03 which I wasn't happy with.
    Well done Ian, sounds like you did well today, some going that first mile though. I did the Cloud 9 race in Congleton today that was a real toughie. I want to do a few more 10k's and try and crack the 40 min mark been edging closer each time I do one.

[quote=Pinno;109331]Well done Ian, sounds like you did well today, some going that first mile though.quote]

Cheers, the first mile was alarming but funny, you could hear the muttered swearing as all of us at the front looked down at our watches at the first mile mark and saw the time, even the guy who won who got there in 5:10 said he knew he was going to be in the shit.

Well done at Cloud 9, sounds a nice race.

Good run Iain,Clive West is the north wales Xc champ this year, very good runner(Buckley i think).I find the only way to beat him is to wait till it gets dark,somehow managed to beat him a couple of times at the dash in the dark series.

[quote=IainR;109347]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinno View Post
    Well done Ian, sounds like you did well today, some going that first mile though.quote]

Cheers, the first mile was alarming but funny, you could hear the muttered swearing as all of us at the front looked down at our watches at the first mile mark and saw the time, even the guy who won who got there in 5:10 said he knew he was going to be in the shit.

Well done at Cloud 9, sounds a nice race.
    You would probably enjoy that race Ian well worth giving it a go next time round if you can. Anymore road races planned before you get back to the fells?

[quote=Pinno;109368]
    Anymore road races planned before you get back to the fells?

It's the next Border league Road Race next Sunday, so will do that, and then Rhayader 20 miler the week after. At the moment probably doing Ras Yr Aran as my first fell run, just going to see how the arm feels but I reckon I'll be fine by then, I'll just take it easy on the initial top section.