Thread: Old County Tops-utmb Training

Old County Tops-utmb Training

Anyone doing the UTMB interested in forming a team to do the Lakes 3 Old County Tops on 17th May? Steady paced, over 50 preferred but anyone whose committed is fine. I'm not familiar with the route so a recce is probably worthwhile. If West Yorkshire based sharing transport might be possible as well.

Question Re: Old County Tops-utmb Train

Slight diversion here Mountain Man, because I am not volunteering for active service, having committed to do the OCTs with the missus this year.

I don't know if you were banking on the OCTs being a qualifying race for the purposes of the UTMB.

In my capacity as Sec of the BG 24 Hour Club, I have been contacted by the organisers of the UTMB to ensure that the BG is accredited as one of the qualifying races. I am working through one or two minor issues with them at the moment (the BG not being a race being the least of those) and am pretty sure the BG will be accredited in due course. I assisted Britta Sendelhofer and Becky Cash with their entries into the UTMB earlier in the year and they both passed muster I believe (though PDF'ing their BG certificates to the organisers didn't do the trick!)

What I do have is a list of the qualifying races (available via the UTMB website) and the OCTs is an obvious omission from the list. If the Lyke Wake lets you qualify then the OCTs should also.

Once I have the BG quailfication issue sorted, I am going to take the subject up with the OCTs organiser to see if he fancies getting the race accredited. Ultimately it will be his shout.

Keep piling on the miles!

BGSec

Re: Old County Tops-utmb Train

Thanks BGsec but I have already qualified to do this years UTMB with the Fellsman. I just thought the OCT would be a more appropriate and inspiring training outing than slogging round the Fellsman again. The OCT certainly ought to be on the UTMB qualifying list although as you say it's up to the organisers.

Thanks again MM