Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fra Egm

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Fra Egm

Any other FRA members get given a flyer at races over the Christmas period asking for support in calling an EGM about the ongoing UKA v FRA problems?

I did & I've replied in favour.

Please don't ask me to type out the flyer.

Needs to be thrown in the bin I reckon.

That would insult the rubbish bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post
    Any other FRA members get given a flyer at races over the Christmas period asking for support in calling an EGM about the ongoing UKA v FRA problems?

I did & I've replied in favour.

Please don't ask me to type out the flyer.
    Was it something like this?
    Last edited by Mr Ricepudding; 04-01-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Dave Jones

ex-Editor “Fellrunner” magazine.
    ex-Editor FRA Calendar.
    ex-FRA Committee Member

also managed to

ex-clude himself from the AGM he seems to know so much about. Had he bothered to turn up his report might at least have had the virtue of being informed and unprejudiced.

There's a few things that seem a bit upside down here. To call it a 'vote' at the AGM is a bit strong. A show of opinion would be a more appropriate term as a vote at that time would have been unconstitutional - a major objection against UKA by the rest of athletics is that they are undemocratic. Secondly, the sub-committee was formed prior to the AGM, not because of it as it seems to be worded here.
    Personally I'd like to wait until March to see what the sub-committee reports back.

Dominion:that is just for starters.

The sub-committee was set up at a Special FRA Committee held on 5th October and Dave J knows this because he was there; but rather than serve on it he resigned all his FRA offices.

Dave has never let the facts get in the way of his opinions and so all his pronouncements relating to UKA should be taken with a large lorry-load of salt.

The sub-committee and the FRA Committee should be left to do the job they were elected at the AGM to do (that is the AGM Dave could not be botherd to attend) and his rabble-rousing hinders this work.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 03-01-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Fellhound
    Well, There have been thousands of words written on the FRA/UKA subject on the forum and I have read most of them.

I still agree with Dave Jones on all the main points. All I hear from the pro-UKA side is rhetoric. I have yet to hear ANY real reason why 99.9% of the FRA membership should want to stay with UKA.

The vast majority of the fellrunners I've spoken to feel the same way.

DJ wants to call an EGM to discuss and vote on this one subject, which he's entitled to do as an FRA member, provided he gets enough support from other FRA members. So, I ask the commitee members, what's wrong with that? Too scary for ya?

As Graham says, we've just been elected/re-elected, so please just let us get on with it.
    I don't know all the facts yet, but I have found out a few since we started on this sub-committee. We've got to get an update in the magazine and report back to the full committee, just check on the committee pages to see where we started from.
    A circular route mostly downhill

...Well, I've been to a few races over the past 6 weeks but seen nothing of a EGM petition. And the link in the thread doesn't seem to work for me so I've still seen nought.

BUT...Unless anything of major significance (...which I'm not aware is the case) has arisen then I'd say the right time for an EGM (if one were needed) would be after the sub-committe has reported back ...and I think that's not too far in the future anyway.

Bundles and bundles of words and comments been said on this topic on the previous forum and everywhere else; including I recall the sub-com's consideration of an all-membership postal referendum.

Lets give the sub-committe a chance to research, consider, present all-sides of the argument and recommend. We've all got a view I'm sure but lets do things in a controlled, logical and all-membership-inclusive way.
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...