Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fra Egm

Master and MR
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
    As Graham says, we've just been elected/re-elected, so please just let us get on with it.
    I don't know all the facts yet, but I have found out a few since we started on this sub-committee. We've got to get an update in the magazine and report back to the full committee, just check on the committee pages to see where we started from.

well said chris
    bloody ell i imagine this is a hard enough problem to sort without everyone tellin you what should and shouldnt be done
    leave the sub comittee in peace and let them tell us there findings when they have found them

Fellhound
    I think that was more or less implied in what I said.

There's a limit to how many sub committees, working groups and information-gathering excercises you can have though...

Have you ever seen "The Life of Brian"...

Master and MR
    yes trundler i know
    im all for goin it alone but i can see one big sticking point with this insurance game and ive already said my peace on that on the old forum
    i see were your comin from
    it will get sorted in good time

Is it fair to call what is happening procrastination? I mean, the main committee has to take things in an even handed fashion and not be press-ganged into a corner by a vociferous minority (which can easily happen at limited scenario's like AGMs). And, from my memory of events, most of the stringing along emanated from UKA who seemed to take forever to clarify he position on officials. Add to that the inevitable conflict of interests that occured within individuals who had positions within UKA as well as the FRA committee and you had the ideal conditions for discontent to brew. In that context, to send out a fact finding sub-committee seems a rational thing to do, even to those of us who are allergic to committees. Lets get the facts, unfiltered by polemic and lets hope we all have a chance to vote on the issue.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I don't like the word subcommittee either.

I think I prefer "five people who are willingly giving up their free time for nothing in an effort to ensure that the Association will make a decision based upon the best facts which can be obtained" - but that's a bit of a mouthful.

As for "procrastination" ... all members are more than welcome to come and join us, and tell us how things can be done more efficiently.

I did actually ask for comments late last year (my email address is on the committee page) - I've had one so far ...

Fellhound
    Well, we'll find out in the fullness of time whether "procrastination" was a fair word to use.

I imagine most members (like me) want this to be cleared up quickly and not rumble on until the next AGM, and UKA have already had more than one chance to clarify their stance.

I shall await with interest the outcome of the subcommittee's deliberations; I'm hoping for something decisive but if the answer is "let's give UKA more time to clarify its position/sort itself out/declare its undying love for fellrunning" I think I'll scream!

...so you were the "one" who sent views to Alan Brentnall were you?

Fellhound
    What, you mean it wasn't you??

Quote Originally Posted by Trundler View Post
    What, you mean it wasn't you??
    can't you read the label?

Fellhound

Re: Fra Egm

U.F.O.?.....

Look, if you've nothing constructive to say, why are you here?