Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Mickleden Straddle

Re: Mickleden Straddle

Quote Originally Posted by Loges View Post
    Ian

Can I add my thanks also. It was exhilirating (tiring) to be out there today, informative (didn't expect that when I set off this morning) and some of the views were absolutely spectacular!

Regards
    Logan
    Always glad to be of service

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    No worries Windi' (couldn't resist that) it was a lovely run. May be see you again at a Monday race. Don't forget to tell Gingerwhinge he's just a fairweather track fairy
    Make that a FTF suffering from Plantar Fascist-itis at the mo. Was still gonna try and make it on the start line yes'day though and have a gentle trot round so in a way it was probably a blessing for me that it was canx. Guttered though cos it was a lovely day. Had this wretched foot problem since the 100mph finishing plummet on leg 2 of last year's fell relays....getting sick of it now and the winter bike is starting to fall apart from too much hammer.

Windi - I'm intrigued - declare your identity and stick a report on the Wakey Tri Pansy Forum. Sounds like you had a great time - save obviously for IanDP chelping in your ears for 2 hours. He's worse than me and that's really saying something........

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge Whinge View Post
    Make that a FTF suffering from Plantar Fascist-itis at the mo. Was still gonna try and make it on the start line yes'day though and have a gentle trot round so in a way it was probably a blessing for me that it was canx. Guttered though cos it was a lovely day. Had this wretched foot problem since the 100mph finishing plummet on leg 2 of last year's fell relays....getting sick of it now and the winter bike is starting to fall apart from too much hammer.

Windi - I'm intrigued - declare your identity and stick a report on the Wakey Tri Pansy Forum. Sounds like you had a great time - save obviously for IanDP chelping in your ears for 2 hours. He's worse than me and that's really saying something........
    Sorry to hear about your Planty whatsit Ginge I've missed our little sparing sessions, Be good to catch up when the Trunce starts again. Say Hi to the Mrs for me. See you around.

PS if you hear of an old bike going cheap let me know looking to do a bit of cross training to protect my old and weary bones...

Windi was one of your Juniors if Thats a clue...

Its Paul (Sammy and Christina's Dad) and possibly newest member of the senior club!! Happy to put something on the forum...although I need to work out how to use it first!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge Whinge View Post
    So still whinging then!
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Hi all,

We are reccying this on saturday morning, from what i can see its pretty easy to follow, but has anyone got any hints or tips to help us.

Cheers

Dan

I'm not racing Sunday but will be out with the rescue team. I'll be on the top t o see the leaders through then I'll reverse the route to penistone stile and wait for the leaders again. I'll then follow them back up and over and back to finish. I'll have some rescue ale in the car.

Rescue ale..
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Looking forward to this race my second one of the year.

I got halfway to the race when Mrs Alf texted me to ask whether I had forgotten a bag? Quick U turn and back to pick up all my required race kit

Fantastic support from all the MR people round the route :thumbup: There was a lot of runners out today so thanks to all involved for a great race.