Thread: Vote for best glam rock track

Banned
    Who won wheeze?
    After 11 years we should have a definitive answer 👍

Come On, Come On, Come On, Come On, Come On, Come On, Come On.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Heres a warning for the future....only one of those links works. Our past is becoming ephemeral!
    And is it at all in any way acceptable to include Paul Gadd, so correctly voted for there by Llani Boy (is that a tongue in your cheek laddie??!!). The recent BBC4 tribute to Glam Rock completely airbrushed him out. The indisputed king of Glam Rock!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Heres a warning for the future....only one of those links works. Our past is becoming ephemeral!
    And is it at all in any way acceptable to include Paul Gadd, so correctly voted for there by Llani Boy (is that a tongue in your cheek laddie??!!). The recent BBC4 tribute to Glam Rock completely airbrushed him out. The indisputed king of Glam Rock!
    The past shouldn’t be forgotten, there is a massive tendency now to try to airbrush unsavoury folk from history, the danger is then that people forget what went on, surely the better option is to talk about things and then to share the negatives of that persons behaviour at the same time.

I agree. The problem is could you imagine the social media uproar, followed by print media uproar followed by public opprobium that would have hammered the BBC if the programme had included Mr Raven? You could just imagine the chill in the boardroom. The keyboard warriors and trolls are winning the day because they can rouse a mob. Scary times really. I am still affected by this clip. No matter what you think of the MP, no-one deserves to come up against this kind of demented harpy! https://twitter.com/BBCWalesNews/sta...ide-parliament
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Leader!
    Whatever else he got up to there was no doubt that he was a top entertainer and that cannot be taken away from him even if the BBC would like it that way. I went to see him at Sheffield Arena it the early 80's and it was great.
    I have never seen so many people wearing silver foil outfits. It was like a hypothermia sufferers convention!

Funny how the BBC still play Chuck Berry's songs.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I agree. The problem is could you imagine the social media uproar, followed by print media uproar followed by public opprobium that would have hammered the BBC if the programme had included Mr Raven? You could just imagine the chill in the boardroom. The keyboard warriors and trolls are winning the day because they can rouse a mob. Scary times really. I am still affected by this clip. No matter what you think of the MP, no-one deserves to come up against this kind of demented harpy! https://twitter.com/BBCWalesNews/sta...ide-parliament
    Fair play to the fella, I’d have told her to F off.