Thread: Llantysilio

Llantysilio

Does anybody know the route of this race ? Its the second round of the north wales champs 2 weeks on sat.Is it possible to run before race day ?

Thanks

Re: Llantysilio

Aye it's no probs reccying this as it's all on PROW'S.

As I recall from quick look at map, the route is:

1. Starts in Rhewl nr Llangollen
    2. Along farmtrack then up Graig Ddu
    3. Across ridge and up Moel Morfydd
    4. Up to Moel y Gaer
    5. Up Moel y Gamelin
    6. Back down Gamelin the same way
    7. Take bridleway then road back to Rhewl.

Superb little race, quite tough, nice pub at the Sun Inn, well organised..............should enjoy it!

It's one of the only races I'm planning to miss this year, otherwise I may drop dead............

More info here http://www.tattenhallrunners.com/22.html

Thanks for positive comments about the race - I'll ensure the bloke that does all the work gets to hear about it

The farm at Graig Ddu does not lie on a right of way but is easily bypassed by footpaths on recces. The race does go through the farm, with the farmer's permission. Please make sure you go round the farm during your recces or ask permission to go through - we do wish to keep in the good books of the local landowners

Ta

ST

Aye it's no probs reccying this as it's all on PROW'S.

As I recall from quick look at map, the route is:

1. Starts in Rhewl nr Llangollen
    2. Along farmtrack then up Graig Ddu
    3. Across ridge and up Moel Morfydd
    4. Up to Moel y Gaer
    5. Up Moel y Gamelin
    6. Back down Gamelin the same way
    7. Take bridleway then road back to Rhewl.

Superb little race, quite tough, nice pub at the Sun Inn, well organised..............should enjoy it!

It's one of the only races I'm planning to miss this year, otherwise I may drop dead............
    Great,thanks Rhosgadmath,looking forward to it.

The farm at Graig Ddu does not lie on a right of way but is easily bypassed by footpaths on recces. The race does go through the farm, with the farmer's permission. Please make sure you go round the farm during your recces or ask permission to go through - we do wish to keep in the good books of the local landowners
    Yeah good advice Toni,i always like to ask organisers before any recce.

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Rodders, when you planning on doing your recce? I could maybe make Friday afternoon if you can get along.
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Rodders, when you planning on doing your recce? I could maybe make Friday afternoon if you can get along
    Hi fellrunner,yeah i can make fri,anytime after 3 if thats any good ?

Rodders, I'm going to make it part of a long run, so I'll meet you at 3 at the pub if that's ok.

I've ran the race a few times, but I've got the memory of a goldfish when it comes to remembering race routes .

Swiss Toni, could you tell me the best way to get around the farm & up the first climb without upsetting the owner? Cheers.

Rodders, I'm going to make it part of a long run, so I'll meet you at 3 at the pub if that's ok.
    Yeah sounds good to me,see you then.

ps.make your extra bit before we meet,will act as a good handicap system

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner View Post

I've ran the race a few times, but I've got the memory of a goldfish when it comes to remembering race routes .

Swiss Toni, could you tell me the best way to get around the farm & up the first climb without upsetting the owner? Cheers.
    The farm is easily avoided, just leave the farm track at the corner of it before the farm (when the track bends right) and you'll see a right of way arrow pointing over a field ahead and uphill slightly. Head past the caravans which you'll see on your left and basically head stright for the bottom of the heathery rocky ridge that you climb on the race. Cross the fields and you'll pop out on the track that leads out of the farm.

Or, you could just ask the farmer, he's always been very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Toni View Post
    The farm is easily avoided, just leave the farm track at the corner of it before the farm (when the track bends right) and you'll see a right of way arrow pointing over a field ahead and uphill slightly. Head past the caravans which you'll see on your left and basically head stright for the bottom of the heathery rocky ridge that you climb on the race. Cross the fields and you'll pop out on the track that leads out of the farm.

Or, you could just ask the farmer, he's always been very nice.
    Many thanks for that ST .

Don't think we'll need to go through the farm, I don't want Rodders knowing all my short-cuts .