Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sponsorship

Re: Sponsorship

Just resurrecting my own thread , still loads of time to support this lunatic doing the Double Lyke Wake . That's got to be worth a fiver of anyones money?
    Generally going nowhere fast.

Many many thanks to all the sponsorship and well wishers, I finished in 4 hrs 9 mins and should appear in the Northern Echo soon , they are covering my Double Lyke Wake Run with photo and a bit about me and my hound :Rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    Many many thanks to all the sponsorship and well wishers, I finished in 4 hrs 9 mins and should appear in the Northern Echo soon , they are covering my Double Lyke Wake Run with photo and a bit about me and my hound :Rain.
    Well done Alf.....and Rain

Thanks Emmi. Still reading Bear but i haven't forhotten

For those in the Northern Echo area , i'm in todays (Thursday 17th April ) paper with my dog :Rain . It's on page 19 , some factual inaccuracies but it gets the gist. I aim to complete in 24 hours or under , not the 40 stated. Rain won't be coming on the run as i feel 84 may be too far for her and logistics make it difficult for her to do part i.e. my mate doesn't want her in the car.
    So she gets a day off and stays with her best friend cassie.

Hi AT, my you are very brave...more like totally crazy to do the double! I will be visiting your well deserving sponsor page. Did you do it last year? May have seen you along the way. I'm crazy enough to be doing it again this year so will cheer you along in passing! How far is Rain going to do? Can he/she do a rain dance to scare the bogs dry???

Hiya Mountain Goatess , many thanks . Rain won't be running with me as i my mate won't want her in his car as i would have to drop her off after the first half. Although she has run 45 miles in training and will be running further soon.
    I'll be wearing one of my Double Lyke Wake T shirts on the day and maybe Blue Cross Vest when and if it gets hot.
    I'll start at 4am from Sheepwash Car Park which should give me enough time to complete in a total of 24 hours for the double. It'll be nice to get a cheer, probably may well need it!! See you on the day and let's hope for a dry year.
    All the best Alf aka Jez